Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in chaining

lalit_bajaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have faced one problem during chaining. I was creating cr01 and cr02 test scripts and also did the necessary settings during chaining. when i try to execute this it was working fine but in log it showed the message that parameters defined in cr01 is not defined. So please guide me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lalit,

Try to use check syntax (Ctrl + F2) in the test script before execution. It will show you the problems if happened.

In your case try to check once again the spelling of the parameter specified in the parameter list and the one used in assigning in command interface. It sounds like both these mismatched so the error must have been logged. They should be exactly the same.

Copy parameter from the parameter list and then paste it directly wherever needed.

Following method can be used for chaining -

1. Create one test script with CR01. Maintain the import, export parameters & check for the errorless recording.

2. Crate second test script with CR02. Maintain the import, export parameters & check for the errorless recordin

3. Create a third script involving first & second into it using REF command.

4. In chaining, output(export) of first transaction becomes input(import)of the next. This happens using varibles. i.e. assign your export parameter to a variable. Give this same variable in the import of the next transaction.

All the other import variables need to be present in the parameter list of the chained script.

So finally in the parameters of the chained script only import parameters & variables exist.

Refer the following blog for step by step reference of chaining -

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/18/ecatt-chaining-parameterization-creation-of-test-datatest-configuration-system-data-part-iv

This should sort out your problem.

PS If the answer solves your query, do reward points to everyone responding.

Regards

lalit_bajaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Excellent your solution is very useful. It has solved my problem.Thanks for the great help.

Answers (0)