cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS-check in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

In easy, I have edit the file (txt,excel etc) , after editing system automatically do chek in but some cases system can not do check in (locked open) In that case I do it manually clickin.

Kindly let me know the reason why system is behaving like this. Or wht cases system will do check in automatically and manually

Thx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

t

Former Member
0 Kudos

t

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

the reason is that the file is locked by the application - open a file in MS word and try to delete it from system - you will see it is locked by MS word. do the same with a text file using notepad, you can delete a text file even if it is opened in notepad..thats why the auto checkin wont open for the files which are opened and locked by external applications..

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

Have the same sometimes.

Know that there is an issue if open a wordfiles for edit and close it it without doing any changes.

Text taken from SAP Note 990018

"If you check out a Microsoft Word file and close the file without making any changes, the file will not be checked-in automatically.

Technical Restriction: This is due to restriction from Microsoft Word as Word application does not provide the correct notifications on the status of the document.You need to manually check-in the file. "

BR

Daniel