Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport XI objects using CTS

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Currently all the scenarios are working in QXI, the scenario are R/3 to XI and XI to 3rd party systems.

we tested R3 QA 408 client, now we are going to test in R3 409 client, so we need to change the sender business system in ID for all the scenarios in QXI.

we changed the tranport target to R3409 and we did retransport previous tarnsports using CTS, but when we check in QA Integration Directory i cant see anything in XI Import, the transport has been successfull without any errors.

can anyone please suggest me any best solution for this ????

Kind Regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DId you checked the same in changelist , did you activated the same ?

Rajesh

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didnt see anything in changelist after transported to QA, and i didnt see any errors in transport also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you sure that the transport is success, check the logs of the same

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Using CTS the changelist runs under the name of the technical CTS+ user configured in STMS. Please use that user to check of open change lists. By default this iser is called NWDI_CTSADM.

ID opjects are NEVER activated automatically after import. You first have to find and release the change list manually.

Regards,

Volker

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked with all users there was no changelist, after transport i didnt see that user (NWDI_CTSADM).

but when i create new Transport Request and transport, after transport i can see the objects under NWDI_CTSADM this user, it seems like should i need to create new transport requests for all scnarios?????

i am not sure can anyone clarifiy me?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The f... thing with the transports of Java objects using CTS+ is that not always a return code NE 0 is created when importing is not successful.

Please check the log files of the transport requests very carefully to see whether the import in ID has really been done. If so try to find these transport requests in target system ID using menu function "Tools -> Find transports ..."

If you cannot find these transports using this function the imports have definitively failed.

However: The best and surest way to "re-transport" everything after changing the transport configuration is to create new transport requests, because the transport requests themselves contain serveral "hard-coded" transport configuration information. And if these are changed the information in the transport requests get outdated.

Regards,

Volker

Answers (0)