cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAP NetWeaver Identity Management 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am needed to install SAP NetWeaver Identity Management 7.1 on Windows 2003 Server and Oracle 10 with S-configuration (MC/RT/UI/DB on same server).

I was read Intallation Guide but still have a lot a questions

How many oracle database installations needed?

If oracle database installation is only one, is it oracle database installations with SAP NetWeaver AS Java or other oracle installation befor SAP NetWeaver AS Java installation

...and so on...

Could you write me a phases of work in general outline like as for AIX Server with oracle in this thread

[|]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex, I am in the progress to implement IDM and also asking myself the same question when go through the IDM documentations.

Would appreciate if you could shed some light if you have found the answer.

Many thanks!

Rgds,

Leonard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,<br><br>

The installation guide for IdM 7.1 nicely outlines the step to take, but it refers to a number of other documents, so I've outlined the steps below for you.<br>

I've installed IdM on Windows 2003 64-bit on an SQL database, but the procedure is the same for Oracle.<br><br>

1/ Install the Oracle software, do not create a database yet.<br><br>

2/ Install the Oracle client libraries, the 32-bit version !!! <br><br>

3/ Install JRE: I installed the JSDK 64-bit version 1.4.22 which will be used by the the NetWeaver JAVA server AND the 1.4.22 32-bit version, which will be used by IdM (IdM does NOT wrk with the 64-bit version). I added JAVA_HOME to the environment variables and pointed it to the 64-bit version. To make IdM use the 32-bit version, proceed as described on page 14 of the installation guide "Configuring the JAVA Runtime Environment" after you've completed the IdM installation.<br><br>

4/ Install the Oracle JDBC driver, create the environment variable CLASSPATH and point it to the JDBC jar file (see instructions provided with the download)<br><br>

5/ Install NetWeaver JAVA Application Server, create a database during installation. I named the instance and the database IDM.<br>

Just follow the installation guide for NetWeaver JAVA and complete the post-installation steps (configuring SLD, java parameters etc.) I configured the UME to use our Active Directory, bu read-only.<br><br>

6/ Then create/install the IdM database. This is done by running the provided script and it will use the existing Oracle installation to create a new database instance, which will be called mxmc_DB by default.<br>

There is a seperate installation guide for installing the IdM database.<br><br>

7/ Install the IdM management console, this requires just running setup.exe and going through the wizard. It is for the management console that you need the 32-bit version of the Oracle client libraries and the JRE.<br>

By default, it installs in the C:\Program Files folder, I installed it on a seperate drive:<br>

F:\SAP\IdM\Identity Center<br><br>

Now the installation guide says to install the Active Directory password hook, I did not do that, as it has some security issues.

You can always do this later if you need it.<br><br>

8/ Install the Runtime components by running setupwin32.exe, install it in the same folder as the management console.<br><br>

9/ Download SAP JAVA Connector version 2.1.8 (stick to this version !). I unzipped it to the folder F:\SAP\JCo and added this folder to the environment variable PATH. Add F:\SAP\JCo\sapjco.jar to the CLASSPATH variable.<br><br>

10/ Perform the post-installation steps on page 14 of the installation guide "Configuring the JAVA Runtime Environment" and page 15 "Adding JDBC drivers and libraries".<br><br>

11/ Perform the inital config of IdM, just follow the document SAP NetWeaver Identity Management - Intial Configuration.<br>

Here you will add the Identity Center configuration, create the dispatcher and create a dummy job to verify that the Identity Center is working.<br>

You can skip the section about creating event handlers, I would do that later if you know what you want to monitor.<br><br>

12/ Deploy the User Interface, it is described very well with screenshots in the document "Installing and Configuring the Identity Management User Interface. The initial config for the user interface was a bit different for me then in the document: when creating a user as described on page 39, the checkbox "Add manager priviliges" wasn't present in my installation.<br>

I created the user and added the priviliges manually as described on page 50. Make sure you name this user the same as your JAVA admin user, which is Administrator by default for a NetWeaver JAVA server.<br><br>

Now you should have a working Identity Center where you can define additional repositories and start configuring provisioning.<br><br>

Good luck !<br><br>

Dagwin

Edited by: Dagwin Stox on Oct 1, 2009 12:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I done all as you described and is described in SAP documentation and Users Giudes.

It is allmost sucsessful, but i see "Access Denied", "Service is down" into link http://host:port/idm

User "Administrator" is in MXMC and in JAVA UME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you perform all the steps in the Visual Administrator as described in the UI deployement manual ?

Make sure the created data source has been started, see page 7 of the manual.

Dagwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

What steps do I need to follow for installing MS SQL server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>

> 1/ Install the Oracle software, do not create a database yet.<br><br>

>

> 2/ Install the Oracle client libraries, the 32-bit version !!! <br><br>

How to do it? Using installer from Oracle or else?

with best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

The normal 32bit Oracle Installer.

sebastian_sebaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Do 64-bit and 32-bit oracle have same ORACLE_HOME or different ORACLE_HOME.

sebastian_sebaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

I installed Oracle Client 32-bit and identity Management Center in different user it works fine