Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring MDK Plugin in SAP NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few queries related to configuring MDK plugin in SAP NWDS

1. How do we change the user and password with with NWDS logs in to MI Client.

2. In the "Server settings and browser connect to MI Client" section, shud the details be related to MI Client or MI server web console?

3.I am not able to set the changes as the "OK" button is disabled by default.

I have checked "\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.sap.ip.me.mdk.developmentTools" directory, there are no entries related to user name or MI client settings.

Please let me know of any workaround

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

> 1. How do we change the user and password with with

> NWDS logs in to MI Client.

can u be more clear in this question?

> 2. In the "Server settings and browser connect to MI

> Client" section, shud the details be related to MI

> Client or MI server web console?

These server settings are pertaining to JSP Client Server. Host is LOCALHOST. Port is 4444. leave these two things alone (by default this is the value).

If you are trying out an AWT application, don't bother yourself with these settings...

Regards

Ak.

Message was edited by: Arunkumar Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Arun, Thanks for your reply.

In the configure MDK plugin window, at the bottom there is a section "MI Logon Information". There is a username and password given in this section. I guess that the NWDS logs in to MI client while debugging an application. I want to change the user name and password mentioned in this section. How do I do that?

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Vari

The user name and password specified in the MI Logon Information section is the MI client user information. You can change the Password from the MI Client or create a new user name and change in this section. You cant directly change in NWDS.

Hope this helps u,

Regards

Rakesh ;>)

Message was edited by: Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raja,

THis user and password is same as the one u use to login into your client. What u guess is right. NWDS logs into your client during execution and debugging your application.

You can just change the user id and password in the respective input fields. But make sure you have those users in your MI Client and WebAS also with the same password u give in that section. (actually the flow is reverse. You create a user in Server, then in client and give the same user in the NWDS section

Regards

Ak.

Message was edited by: Arunkumar Ravi