cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Break within Text Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have checked the "Allow Page Breaks within Content" in a subform. I include a text field in the subform. The long text cannot fit in the text field within one page. It will continue to next page. The problem now is the content in the second page is not continue from the first page, but it is copy the content from first page.

For example: 8 lines need to fit into text field. Only 5 lines can fit into text field in first page. Then the line 6-8 should continue in second page. Yes, the text field have 3 lines in second page, but not line 6-8, it copies the line 1-3 from the first page.

Anyone have experience on this or anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Wing Kuan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

set fillable =' ' for your sfpdocparams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks xiangli!!!!!

with your help works great!!

I was going crazy with this problem!

Regards,

Andres

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent!!!!

It is working... Thanks a lot guys.

-Krishna Mayya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Thanks for your information.

However, the problem has yet to resolve. I have tried all the options from the preview type and preview adobe XML form, but the result is same. I think the different of my problem is the form is opened in portal.

Appreciated if somebody have the solution for this issue.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wing Kuan,

we have opened an OSS ticket because of exactly this problem and the solution for us was to change some properties of the InteractiveForm WebDynpro UI Element:

Short extract of our conversation with SAP:

If you are not already setting the "enabled" property to "false"

then could you do the same?

If you are using the CreationContext API : could you call the API -

setInteractive(false);

We set u201Eenabledu201C to u201Efalse" and u201Eread-onlyu201C to u201Efalseu201C

Result: it works! Page Breaks are there and the full text is spanned over the following pages correctly!

Best Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your info.

Could you let me know how to change the properties of the InteractiveForm WebDynpro UI Element? Is the change in TCode SFP? Or we need to open project for that inactive DC and release the activity after done the changes using NWDS?

Best regards,

Wing Kuan

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depends on what is the development langauage you are using. If its WD ABAP then you need to goto SE80 and for WD Java you need to open the project in NWDS.

Chintan

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carole has posted the solution here -->

Chintan

horst_hring
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are facing the same problem. I checked all setting for the subform an the text field.

The text field is nicely wraped over the next pages but the content is viewed with a scrollbar and in each segment the whole text starts at the beginning of the text.

I found a posting of Cristiaan at the adobe forum but it did not give me a solution:

[Adobe posting|http://forums.adobe.com/thread/490399]

We recently upgraded from NW 2004 to NW 7.0

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I am facing the EXACT same problem... Have you foudn a solution? I cannot!

Many tks,

Christiaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have checked the "Allow Multiple Lines" in the Object Tab. But it is not solved the problem. Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

Wing Kuan

Edited by: Wing Kuan on Aug 19, 2009 5:07 PM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wing,

I tried below steps:-

1. Placed the TextField inside a subform and set its Content to Flowed from Object palette.

2. On the Field tab of the text field's Object property tab, check the Allow Multiple Lines checkbox

3. Now again for the text Field, click on the Layout tab, check the Expand To Fit checkbox under Y:/Height

Hopefully that solves your issue.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for your reply again.

It is exactly what I have done in the form.

Are the steps you provided above working?

Could be the problem caused by the setting in the pagination tab?

Currently the setting of the subform: "Place: Following Previous", "After: Continue Filling Parent", uncheck the Previous and Next checkbox.

I think it is by default setting for subforms. Do we need to change something here?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Wing Kuan

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wing,

Yes it worked for me. And there are no additional settings to be done in Pagination tab.

Just check what is the form type and defaults in LiveCycle Designer by going to Form Properties. The preview type and preview adobe XML form needs to be Interactive and Dynamic XML form respectively.

Also which version of Adobe you are trying and which technology (Web Dynpro etc)

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I also have the same problem with the page breaks within text field.

My generated PDF has the correct number of lines (pages) but when I select the "Select Tool" in Adobe Reader I can see, that there's a scroll bar and the whole text is displayed on each page...

I have set the properties exactly to the values you suggested.

(I'm using NW 7.0 and Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0)

I have also tried to disable the scroll bar with JavaScript in the text field's initialize code section, but this also didn't solve my problem.

Would be great, if you could give me some further tipps and suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I am using NW 7.1 and Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0. The layout type is by default 'Standard Layout'.

Anyway, I am not really understand the statement you mentioned "The preview type and preview adobe XML form needs to be Interactive and Dynamic XML form respectively". Could you explain a bit more for this statement?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Wing Kuan

horst_hring
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wing Kuang,

I found a solutions to my problem. And maybe to your problem as well.

As Chintan said (which I first did not understand, sorry) I changed following setting in the LiveCycle Designer (in Netweaver Dev. Studio):

edit->Form Properties->Defaults->Preview->Preview Type->Choose Print Form (instead of Interactive Form)

I prepared some XML-Data and used the preview: voila - no scrollbars!

Since we only create PDF for printing the result is ok.

Update: Only in preview mode the scrollbar is missing not when I use it in the server application (web dynpro - ads).

Cheers,

Horst

Edited by: Horst Häring on Oct 2, 2009 9:59 AM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wing,

Have you tried "Allow Multiple Lines" option for the text field?

Chintan