Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to protect changes to our code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

There are 2 implementors for the SAP Implementation that we are currently involved in.

For ease of use of client, both are supposed to follow the same naming convention.

Now, is there any way we can protect our objects from being changed by other party? For eg, I could think of an authorization group which gives access to only those SAP ID's we want. We can attach such an auth group to programs.

But is there any way to protect all possible changes - programs, dict objects etc?

Hope my query is clear.

Any clues?

Thanks in adv.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FOR PROGRAMS, U CAN USE authorization objects.

for dictionary objects, if they are standard ones, then sap automatically takes care. no need for u to take care.

if the dictionary objects are created by us, then we need to use lock objects concept.

8 REPLIES 8

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FOR PROGRAMS, U CAN USE authorization objects.

for dictionary objects, if they are standard ones, then sap automatically takes care. no need for u to take care.

if the dictionary objects are created by us, then we need to use lock objects concept.

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samant,

I think you can try the editor lock for protecting your code being changed. That means only the user who have created the object can only change the object not others.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

For programs, I know we can use either the editor lock or auth object concepts..

But for other stuff, like BSP, Dict objects, workflows etc, what do we do?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your developers use own users (and nobodyelse can use those user), you can insert the flag to protect the editor.

This flag (is in the attributes of the report) can be removed only by the user setted it.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your developers use own users (and nobody else can use those users), you can insert the flag to protect the editor.

This flag (is in the attributes of the report) can be removed only by the user setted it.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think authorisation is the only possible way of avaoiding others accessing the object.

do u want to avoid others using all the programs/dict objects, or only few objects?

Thanks,

Bharadwaja R

0 Kudos

I want to prevent the other implementor from modifying "ANY" object made by us.

Let's say our id's all begin with "A1...", and ids for the 3rd party all begin with "B2..." .

How to use this info to prevent B2 developers from changing objects made by A1 developers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u r able to store the objects in a single development class, then it would be easier maintaining the Authorisation objects.

If found useful, please award some points

Regards,

Bharadwaj R