Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Usage in WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL,

My requirement is like that

I need to create BOM then transfer it to activities by cs33 but no PR should generate.

But when i transfer bom by cs33 material is assigned to activities but PR and reservation is generating but PR should

generate after MRP run only.

Why PR is generating every time?It should generate only after MRP run.

IF needed planned order should generate and after MRP run it convert to PO or Productiion order.

If i m doing something wrong?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Define Procurement indicator for material (OPS8 ) properly for planned independent req. and assign it in the network Profile. (OPUU)

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have assigned proper procrurment indicator in network profile but still PR is creating even consumption account is not defined so PR is not creating but its gives message that PR is not generating but its due to accounting view is not maintained and consumption account is not defined in OBYC.

My requirement is that PR should not generate after MRP run only PR should generate.

After BOM is transfered only dependent requirement should generate.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CN33 > Environment > Selection parameters and select Plant stock priority as 1.

Also check the special procurement type in BOM componants if it is maintained check the the settings in Customisations for that type "Define special procurement type".

hope it helps.

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in addition to Selection Parameters settings (plant stock) one can use the 'Stock/acct assignment' button on entry CN33 entry screen. Here one can set a prioritization of stock selection for a project; this setting takes precedence over procurement indicator set by network profile.

Kind regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when CN33 is executed the BOM is exploded and items are transferred to network. While transfer the system tries to guess the procurement type of a newly created component. This works in same way when the material is entered in e. g. transaction CN22 manually.

When only purchase requisitions are created in your example then it might that

- the material is only externally procured (according to material master MRP views),

- it has BOM item category N

- or if material can be produced in house according to MRP views the selection controlled by procurement indicator (already mentioned created using transaction OPS8) results into purchase requisition.

To get the reason why the purchase requisition is selected one can do following steps:

1. Create a network wirh 1 activity unsing transaction CN21.

2. Add material to the activity and press Enter

-> check whether a procurement indicator has been inserted

-> check procurement type of the component

If you get here a purchase requisition then please do same steps without procurement indicator (it might be preset from network profile/transaction OPUU tab Network Field Procurement).

If you still get a purchase requisition (without a procurement indicator) then the material master does not only allow purchase requisition (MRP view 2 Procurement type has to be E or X; no entry for Special procurement).

If the procurement indicator does select the purchase requisition then one can remove the procurement indicator from network profile and one one will get a popup for each transferred component where a set of possible procurement types is available.

Kind regards

Peter