cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating objects in BO universe designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have designed a universe on the top of BEx Query. I want to create additional objects at Universe Level.

I am able to create objects in the Universe and they gets parsed, but when I pulled the same objects in the report query it generates a MDX error.

Even a simple <Expression> @select(Key Figures\Actual) </Expression>is not working

Please provide me some pointers for creating the objects.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use correct class name/object name in @select as @select(class1/obj1) i.e. check whether the parameters which u used are from base table and not from aliases.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally this simple expression works in OLAP universes.

Did you check that @Select expression is refering the right object?

@Select function is case sensitive and you have to write as I wrote it.

Can you tell me which BOE version you are using? Which fix pack or service pack?

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

I am creating objects in OLAP universe only.

I am using BO XI 3.1 with SAP Integration Kit installed on my system.

I am not able write any expression in the objects being created at universe level. Any expression, I write gives me the error while running the query while the object gets parsed at universe level.

for @Select() I am using the same as you write?

One more doubt what shuould be parameters of @Select()?

Technical Definition (Generated in the select clause) or Display Name (Class name\object Name)

If I am writing the definition as @Select([Measures].[000054728]) Then the object defition gets parsed but if I am writing it as @Select(Key Figures\Actual) then the object doesn't get parsed in the universe.

I guess I have read somewhere that we can use "@Select(Key Figures\Actual)' while writing the expressions. Please correct if I am wrong.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohlt,

@Select can be use lonely without <EXPRESSION> tags if it is alone.

Otherwise you have to create @Select enclode with <EXPRESSION> XML tags.

@Select is always used llike this:

@Select(Class\Object)

It references a universe object name not its definition.

You have also to pay attention that everything wrote inside the <EXPRESSION> tags is not parsed excepted @Select.

Class name and Object name used in @Select are case sensitive. Be sure you are referring the parent clas of the object name and not its ancestor/root.

If your key figure is linked to a unit/currency then a subclass has normally been generated and this subclass has the same name than the key figure itself: this is this suclass you have to use in @Select.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I finally get to know the mistake I am doing. Actually I am using <Expression></Expression> instead of <EXPRESSION></EXPRESSION>

Thanks to all for the answers.