cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between TOR & Availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

what is difference between availability check & TOR?????

when i create sales order what TOR will do for the material & what availability check will do for the same material????? i hope my point is clear.

Pl dont paste configuration material .

Pt will rewarded accordingly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u run an order ---

first system checks if stock is available - so availablity check (How it checks -- u can c the control for availability check)

Now no stock available .. pass info to PP

This is done via TOR

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanxx krishna/Raja,

here i am again confused whether first TOR tranfer req to MRP then availability check triggers

or Availability check trggers first & if material is not available then TOR transfer requirement .

Pl clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Availability check will happen first, you can understand this while entering the material and pressing the enter, then you can see Availability check is carried out.

For example,

Say one Customer places an order for 100 pcs of a material

After getting the order you will first check the quantity available for that material or not and if not then only the requirement will be passed to prodution.

More over the TOR will pass only after saving the order.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First it checks inf material avalialbe ...

If available then confirms

if not available then TOR

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanxx both of u

rewarded point accordingly

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neil,

Before answering your question let me tell you that " pts will be rewarded " this word is against the forum rule, we all are here for helping each other and not for collecting "pts" .

now coming to your question, this is will tell you with an example of TAP and WATER. Till then TAP wont be Open Water wont come out from the TAP.

Similarly TOR and Availability check works. While creating the sales order the first thing is Requirement will pass to the MRP, i,e TOR will function. Then it will check the availability of the stock, means availability check will happen.

I hope its clear your doubt.

thanks,

Raja