cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping Group in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In PI 7.1 Integration Directory there is one section as "Value Mapping Group".I suppose that it is used if and only if value mapping is used.But I am not using any kind of value mapping so can I skip that section?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

You can skip that section. It's used when you are using value mapping. Let us know if you have more questions.

Cheers'

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using only graphical mapping in my scenerio, so I can skip filling Value mapping group. Is it?

Whenever I am using value mapping what needs to be mentioned there in the Value Mapping Group?

Thanks in advance.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have not used any Value mapping function in your Message Mapping then do not worry about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

THanks for the reply.

I have another query. it is as follows:

Actually I am having the Process Order coming in the source with 5 to 6 relevant fields.Out of these Process Order fields Status is one of the fields.Based on the the StatuS field the BAPIs will be called at the receiver. So can I skip Integrated Configurations as I am imposing the condition on the data in the payload(Source Structure) as Integrated configuration will not be helpful in my scenerio.?

Or shall I skip Sender Agreement ,Receiver Agreement?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't have a requirement to do a value mapping lookup, then there is no need to use it in your scenario.

You can find more info here -

http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

Cheers'

Neetesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Integrated Configuration seems unsuitable in your case.....it will be a normal flow: Source (i suppose FILE server) --> XI/ PI ---> SAP R3.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply.

Integrated Configuration seems unsuitable in your case.....it will be a normal flow: Source (i suppose FILE server) --> XI/ PI ---> SAP R3.

Yes it is the same flow. So can I skip Integrated Configuration?

Thanks in advance.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, no need for Integrated Configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Kindly let us know if your problem is solved. If yes, please close the thread.

Regards,

Neetesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Kindly post the solution that helped you in resolving this, so that it can be referred to by other users in future.

Thanks,

Neetesh