cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRFC call from SAP XI to external server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I want to send the IDOC TPSDLS to the external system. For which my client wants us to use TRFC call from SAP XI system to communicate with the external server. how I'm going to do a TRFC call .Please guide me step by step I'm very new to XI.

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

From XI perspective this is a "normal" RFC Adapter usage scenario with Quality of Service (QoS) = Exactly Once (EO).

Are your client's systems SAP systems? Then this should work fine.

Please note that you need a (technical) user and password in the respective client of client's SAP system to be used in your RFC communication channel and that this user needs sufficient authentication.

Despite from that you have to consider network/security aspects (firewall, proxy etc.), if your client's systems are outside your network.

Regards,

Volker

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
From XI perspective this is a "normal" RFC Adapter usage scenario with Quality of Service (QoS) = Exactly Once (EO).
Please note that you need a (technical) user and password in the respective client of client's SAP system to be used in your 
RFC communication channel and that this user needs sufficient authentication.

Are you suggesting to use a RFC Receiver Communication Channel.....the requirement is however is to use the IDOC receicer CC for TRFC communication! Maybe the diagram in this help section will clear some doubts:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/b9/c5b13bbeb0cb37e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Refer the section: IDOC Processing Procedure.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this link explain you multiple different scenarios using Idoc and one of the scenario explain you how to communicate with the external system using party concept.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c09b775e-e56e-2910-1187-d8eba09c7a4a&overridelayout=true]