Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Master data deletion

I loaded data to master data ZMAT_CDE which is having 3 attributes.I loaded data two times and i dont want the first time loaded data.How can I delete it?its urgent.

plz help me.

Regards,

vasu

replied

hi

we can delete master data from bw as long as it's (the charateristic value) NOT used in transaction data (infoprovider).

to delete master data we can rsa1->infoobject->right click infoobject 'delete master data', system will then delete all master data that not used by transaction. if there are master data used by transaction system will prompt 'not all master data can be deleted'.

to check the characteristic value is used by which infoproviders, you may try

rsa1->infoobject->choose the characteristic->'master data maintenance', select the row for that characteristic value, and button 'delete' (trash icon) and 'save', you will get a message 'master data cannot be deleted'.

transaction slg1, object RSDMD, subobject MD_DEL, and execute, in next screen double click the top node, you will see the log, message text in below panel, e.g 'master data xyz(SID xxxxx) is used in /.../...'

xyz = characteristic value

/.../... = table name, can be dimension table of infocube, e.g /bic/d[infocubename]x, then you know which data target used the value.

there is function module can be used RSDMD_DEL_MASTER_DATA, we have create a program for this,

check thread

Master data Where-used

search 'delete master data' and 'sdn forum', you may see some discussion about this topic

Cleanup of Master Data

How to see where all the master data is being used

Deleting Master Data at Single Record Level

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3b/f817385bf3be74e10000009b38f842/content.htm

Deleting Master Data and Texts for a Characteristic

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a6365e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question