cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontend uavailable error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had an requirement in which i need to print a smartform. The steps starts from a scanner where it will trigger the printing in SAP using BAPI.BAPI is using VL71 to print the form. But i am getting the status in spool list as "waiting" and error message as" frontend unavailable" .So is it related to any of the control parameters that i had defined for smartform or due to any other issue.

Please help.

If an manually using VL71 or VL03N it is printing fine. No isssue.

Regards,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun Rajan,

While using VL71 or VL03N manually the front end is available to give you output spool. but as per my understanding you are not running this process at front end directly.. you have scheduled it in background job and it is getting triggered when some action takes place... eg. scanner action...

Check out T-Code : SPAD..

There check out the printer you are using as Output Device

and Check the Access Method...

If it's G ( G: Frontend print with control technologie ) or F it will be in need to have access to the front end.. So it will not print and will be in Waiting status...

Also...

For the Background Job you can change the user details from SU01 and just Uncheck the checkbox Print Immediately if it's checked...

OR..

create the printer on a print server, connect the SAP system to the print server and print via network.

You can ask the help of BASIS or Network Admin there to configure it as well...

Hope it will solve your problem..

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7

ilesh Nandaniya