cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Segmentation or Sales Spin Off

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have used a unique Sales Area for our sales operations but, now, our sales dept. decided to use specific sales areas for each customer, 3 in fact.

I was checking all IMG steps, seems everything is OK but, using TCODE XD01, to extend one customer to another sales area, I'm receiving this error message: "sales area is not defined for customer".

I've followed these steps in order to ensure that everything is OK:

1) DEFINE HIERARCHY TYPES:

IMGSALES AND DISTRIBUTION-MASTER DATA-BUSINESS PARTNERSCUSTOMERS-CUSTOMER HIERARCHY--DEFINE HIERARCHY TYPES.

T-code: OVH1

2) Set partner determination for hierarchy categories:

IMGSALES AND DISTRIBUTION-MASTER DATABUSINESS PARTNERS-CUSTOMERS--CUSTOMER HIERARCHYSET UP PARTNER DETERMINATION FOR HIERARCHY CATEGORIES

T-code: VOPA

3) Assign Account groups:

IMG-SALES AND DISTRIBUTIONMASTER DATABUSINESS PARTNERSCUSTOMERSCUSTOMER HIERARCHY--ASSIGN ACCOUNT GROUPS

T-code: OVH2

4) Assign sales areas:

IMG-SALES AND DISTRIBUTIONMASTER DATA-BUSINESS PARTNERSCUSTOMERSCUSTOMER HIERARCHYASSIGN SALE AREAS

T-code: OVH3

5) Assign hierarchy type for pricing by sales document type:

T-code: OVH4

As I mentioned before, everything is OK but, seems I missed a small part of this puzzle. How can I extend a different and existing sales are to a customer who has an specific sales area already and successfully created ?

Thanks for the help/support.

Alex

MARS IS - South America

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member566877
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may check the below notes.

Thanks

Krish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that useful hint but, I don't have ways to add new entries for this kind of relationship ! Maybe these notes can solve my problem, let me try...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked inconsistencies but, they didn't occur ! Using OVH3 and trying to stablish a relationship to one common distrb. channel/division to another one (or more than one in our case), I'm receiving this message:

Higher-level sales area 151 10 01 not defined for customer

Diagnosis

This sales area has either not been designed (i.e. no entry in TVTA), or it refers to another sales area for customers (customer division/customer distribution channel in detail screen TVTA).In other words, the customer master data of the sales area specified corresponds to that of the reference area. Only for the latter is customer master data as well as hierarchy maintenance allowed.

Procedure

Please check whether the sales area named refers to another sales area.

Create the sales area named if it does not already exist. Make the proper settings in Customizing if necessary and if you have the proper authorization to do so. Notify your system administrator if you do not.

Ok, the message is clear but, even I've applied required steps, nothing occurred !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check whether the assignment of sales area has been done properly or not in enterprise structure assignment

sales and distribution

set up sales area.

regards

ravi