cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servlet-Exec runs report indefinitely

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

Every now and then, the CPU on one of our xMII servers will be at maximum. When we check Servlet Exec, it shows one or more reports running, but often times, those reports started running days ago. Is there a setting in Servlet Exec to kill a report or any screen if it has been running more than an hour or so? How can we prevent this? We checked the IIS logs and tried to match it up against the Servlet Exec report time, but nothing seems to match up, so it's difficult to determine which specific report is causing the issue.

Thanks,

Todd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you running the latest 11.5.6 ? There were some bizzare cases where irpt's with replacements could cause a fit like that.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers. I don't think we are passing in the URL, but I will check. Maybe the answer is to upgrade our xMII to 11.5.6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Todd,

Does the report have a JCO call to RFC? (probably not, knowing your system), but just in case, I had a problem like this as well. Worst part, it would never show up on the DEV instance, only production. I would get a big memory spike in java.exe and eventually would kill the box all together if run enough times. Was a serious pain.

Again probably not your case, but if so I finally traced the problem down to one BAPI call This was also an 11.5 application.

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

We are not running 11.5.6, but an earlier version of 11.5. Aside from upgrading, is there anything we can do to trap these issues within Servlet Exec, or is it not possible?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You would have to identify the page(s) that are loading without session/url properties assigned to the token(s) and make sure something is assigned to them. What happens is a page loads say with the following URL

http://server/page.irpt?value1= instead of http://server/page.irpt?value1=10 when the report parser finds <input type="hidden" value=""> in a the page it tries to replace the token with itself, , but then it starts at the begging of the page again and finds the same token again and does this over and over causing the cpu spike due to the infinite loop. It's probably easier just to upgrade.

Jamie