cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What controls the order for "import all requests"

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What cotrols the order that transports are read into a system when you select the "Import All Requests" icon? I've been told it is the order they appear in the queue - FIFO, but there must be other factors.

After our recent upgrade to ERP 6.0 I used the "Big Truck" to import 443 requests. I'm looking at the import history and it does not appear that the transports are applied FIFO. This could be a simple matter that some requests have more objects than others and therfore take longer to import, but this would violate versioning if this were true.

For example: If my first transport (transport #1) in the queue had 160 objects and the 200th transport had only one, but that object was also in transport #1 you run the risk that transport 200 would go in first.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I figured it out. It is FIFO. It is also applied in order of phase

1.) Import --> all objects are imported FIFO

2.) Methos Execution --> This is executed from the first entry in the queue to the last

3.) Generation of Programs and Screens --> This is also executed from the first entry in the queue to the last.

This is why the transports have different import completion times - because not all transports go through every phase