cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File 2 File motion in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Working on a file 2 file drop in the PI 7.1 version, I need to pick up a file EPEPMTEXT47220090811.FIC and drop it in the receiver file system with the same name and type,

What are the parameters I need to give on the receiver CC side to get the same name and type

1. File Name schema

Processing Tab

1.Temperory File name schema

Thanks

PR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

You refer this blog:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

In file name you can give EP* and since you want the same file name enable the file name in ASMA paramters in both sender and receiver communication cahnnel. In receiver comm. channel you can give for filename as test.xml. Since this is mandatory you need to fill something, but the actual filename would take from ASMA only.

For safety purpose you can give milliseconds to wait in sender comm. cahnnel with a value so that file sender dont pick up whenever your source file is getting written in the source directory.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish

What should I need to give in the File contruction mode,

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR,

In your File CC-> Advanced tab ... enable ASMA parameter (Adapter Specific Message Attribute).

This will help in resolving your problem easily. My earlier approach was little complex and old-fashioned (I used that in XI 2.0 5 years back )

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

Put it as Create, since you want the original name. If you want a timestamp with original name then you can put add timestamp else create should be good for your scenario.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish

Thanks a lot, It worked

PR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

If your file name is always going to be the same, then it's fairly simple.

Configure the file name in the Rcv CC.

But in case your filename is always changing (say you are picking the source file by *.FIC), then you can get that in the message mapping, which can be further used in the ID config to get the desired results.

Let us know if this helps or if you want more clarifications.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sender file name is not constant it is keep on changing I can specify *.FIC on the sender side, but what should I need to specify on the receiver CC to receive with the same name

I am using File adapter on both sides, this is just file pick up from one file server and drop it on the other file server

Thanks

PR