cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks in advance for your replies. I award points.

Hopefully I will be able to post answers vs. questions, but I find myself in the position of being the sole XI admin/developer (minus admin classes) and someone found XI an the final hour and want to use it.

The class didn't cover this subject well.

I have 3 Idocs out of SAP WEB AS.

Someone needs to configure the scenario on the R/3 side to point to XI. We have configured XI to point back to the R/3 system, imported the idocs into XI with IDX2 and the IR as well.

My question is, how do I know what the 'trinity' will be in order to define the sender determination and then determine the receiver so the message will at least post into XI? I have created an Idoc adapter for one of the Idocs.

I don't believe I have any mapping to do. I understand I only want a flat/text file version of the Idoc on the receiver vs. posting the IDoc on their (3rd party) system.

Bless you all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

<i>My question is, how do I know what the 'trinity' will be in order to define the sender determination and then determine the receiver so the message will at least post into XI? I have created an Idoc adapter for one of the Idocs.</i>

There is no Idoc Adapter required in the sender side. Because Idoc adapter is a part of Integration Server. So explicit Idoc adapter is not required. SO there is no sender agreement for the IDoc->XI Scenario.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Hope this helps,

Regards,

MOorthy

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you configure your scenario, you will have the receiver determination and XI will determine where to send it.

Refer to following welog to undersand the IDoc scenario.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Your Receiver determination will decide which interface processes the IDOC msg. received in XI. Interface determination will have further details of Interface mapping and mapping.

As Moorthy said, you can define external defincation at receiver end to get IDOC mapped with.

Anand More

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

<i>My question is, how do I know what the 'trinity' will be in order to define the sender determination and then determine the receiver so the message will at least post into XI? I have created an Idoc adapter for one of the Idocs.</i>

Am not sure I understand this part of your question. Like mentioned by others, you cannot have a Sender IDOC adapter as when you do the configuratrion in your R3 system to send the IDOC, you will directly be sending it to Integrration Engine of XI and so, no sender ADAPTER.

If you want to determine the Receiver of your IDOC on the basis of the Source IDOC ,then this is possible using Conditional Receiver Determination.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the class we never had an Idoc come to to send out. So the examples used the service/interface/namespace to determine where you were going to send the message.

So, once the Idoc is pushed into XI, it will be converted by the Idoc adapter into XI-XML.

Then How will I recognize the message in XI to know where to send it?

Also, I'm assuming I not going to remap the file and just drop it in Idoc format on the receiving server. So I need an FTP connection to the server, which I have.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

<i>Then How will I recognize the message in XI to know where to send it?</i>

You need to create a Reciever Determination for the R/3 Sender System,. and here your reciever business Service/System should be FTP system. So you need to have Interface determination without mapping.( create one inbound Message Interface of type Idoc type- by creating External Definition for the Idoc use this in the Message Interface) Go thru the blog mentioned it will help you to understand the scenario.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing that I don't understand in the blog is the Data Type, Message type.

Do I have to retype the IDoc as a data type, or is that only required if I want to map it to a different structure.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

As I have already mentioned in my earlier post, you no need of creating the Data Structure once again, SO in this case, there is no mapping right. SO you can create a External Dfinition->then go to Message Interface ->create a new Inbound Async, message Interface.

If you have any mapping rules, then you need to create new Target Structure separately.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Hmm.. We never did external Definitions in class and I don't see it in the blog. I imported the Idoc from the R/3 system, exported the XSD and Imported into the External Definition. I'll have to find some info on this function later.

This shows up when I create the inbound message interface. The IDoc I imported also shows up as an option when I create the Message Interface.

Thanks for your help.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

<i>This shows up when I create the inbound message interface. The IDoc I imported also shows up as an option when I create the Message Interface.</i>

But for the Receiver , you can't choose Idoc itself as an Interface in Receiver Side, in this case. Because your receiver system is a Legacy System right ? Anyway go thru it, and hit the XI Box!!!

If you feel this thread is answered , then please close this.

Thanks

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I was told the received wants an Idoc in a flat file format.

It is a third party SAP partner system called TecCom.

Thanks for your help. I don't know why I don't have reward buttons though.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since your requirement involves sending an idoc on the sender side and receiving the same as a flat file you would not require a sender idoc adapter since it resides directly in the is and hence you do not require a seperate idoc adapter on the sender side. These points hold good for an idc to file scenario:

>> You don’t need a DT, MT or a message interface(outbound interface) for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

>>You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping, but since your not doing any mapping in your case this would not be required.

>>In this configuration you don’t need a sender agreement as you don’t have a sender IDOC adapter.

You need to do the partner profile settings on the application system, which can be done using transaction <b>WE20</b>.

For give a better idea about idoc to file scenario, this blog will help:

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Reagrds,

Chandra

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

You donot need to create any comm channel for Sender IDOC

just you need to do is some setting on the r/3 side and some on XI side.

There is a weblog for the scenario you are working in,may be it could help you.

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm</b>

Regards

Mitesh

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

You donot need to create any comm channel for Sender IDOC

just you need to do is some setting on the r/3 side and some on XI side.

There is a weblog for the scenario you are working in,may be it could help you.

<b>/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Regards

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>><i>My question is, how do I know what the 'trinity' will be in order to define the sender determination</i>

You wouldnt need a sender idoc adapter since you are sending an idoc. And hence, you wouldnt need a sender agreement.

You will need a receiver agreement and receiver determination.

Check the partner profiles in we20 transaction to post idocs successfully.

>>><i>I don't believe I have any mapping to do. I understand I only want a flat/text file version of the Idoc on the receiver vs. posting the IDoc on their (3rd party) system.</i>

You may skip creating mappings, but the rest of the repositiory objects need to be created.

Regards,

Smitha.