cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP : .NET Utility to create RFC in SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

.NET gurus

We are making a product which contains some custom (Z) function modules for data exchange.

In our installer, we want to create these z RFCs in the target SAP system dynamically using a .NET page (say on button click). We are assuming that the RFC code will sit in text files in one of our libraries

Can you let us know what would be the best way to go forward.

We dont want to give client steps for creating the RFCs using se37

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Any method you find to automate the Z function module thro .NET programs.

We are currently in the same scenario

0 Kudos

Hello Rajendran,

in my mind this can only be done with unmanaged code if you call the librfc32.dll or librfc32u.dll, don't know how that works together with the Webservices/SOAP how implemented in SAP-Connector. I haven't found a way to create classes and properties that reflect the parameters in a right way. SAP-Connector deals with the reflexion to build the RFC to SAP. This may be done also with direct API call. If I had the right understanding of that I would program generic SAP-RFC module class for .NET. This should be not the problem but I need inside information for this. May by I find some C/C++-code to call with the librfc32 than it would be easy to programm this kind of class(es).

Regards

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is really interesting for this forum of "external programmers harnessing the SAP power". I suggest you post this question again to get the real reply. I will be watching for a reply.

It should be possible as some companies are already doing this.

Here is Informatica example:

"Informatica PowerCenter Connect for

SAP R/3 enables automated

integration of all data structures in the

ABAP data dictionary with the

Informatica metadata repository,

enabling faster time to deployment for

an operational data store, data

warehouse, or other data integration

solution. Using Informatica

PowerCenter Connect for SAP R/3,

users are able to access all SAP data

constructs—including transparent,

pool, and cluster tables—as well as

SAP Info Hierarchies, and

automatically generate the ABAP used

to perform the extraction."

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm by far not an ABAP expert, but I heard that any kind of ABAP content (function modules, programs, Dynpros, DDIC changes) are installed into a system using a tranport package. You use TP or R3TRANS to install them. This can be for sure be done in a setup tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sanjay,

I am unable to help you. But it is very intresting. Did you find any ways to do it.

Regards

Ram