Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAdI definition BADI_SD_SALES_ITEM is only provided for SAP internal use

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to create an implementation for the BADI BADI_SD_SALES_ITEM . It gave the following error message .

<u><b>BAdI definition BADI_SD_SALES_ITEM is only provided for SAP internal use</b></u>

What does this message mean?

I want to use the method ITEM_CHECK in this BADI .is there a way to write a code in this method by creating an implementation for this BADI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It means that BADI can be used only by SAP, i.e. it can be used only on the original SAP system, so not in a customer system as yours.

See the table SXS_ATTR, here you can find the attributes of the BADI, in particular you can see the flag FOR ONLY INTERNAL USE.

If this flag is active and the system isn't a SAP system, that error'll occur.

Max

5 REPLIES 5

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

well i am not an expert, but why dont you create an instance of this BAdi,

and call that method.

cheers,

Aditya.

P.S if there is a way out please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it is not possible since its not allowing us to impelement it, but you can make use of user exits available for SD for example : MV45AFZB. In this perform routine USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP can be used to check item data.

0 Kudos

Hi sharath

I am aware of the user exit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP . I am trying to find out whether i can use the use the BADI instead of this .

0 Kudos

Hi

I don't believe there're some BADI can be used instead of classical user-exit in sales order transactions.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It means that BADI can be used only by SAP, i.e. it can be used only on the original SAP system, so not in a customer system as yours.

See the table SXS_ATTR, here you can find the attributes of the BADI, in particular you can see the flag FOR ONLY INTERNAL USE.

If this flag is active and the system isn't a SAP system, that error'll occur.

Max