cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SDN subscription questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

I emailed sap sdn support a week+ ago and they have not gotten back to me. I am wondering if the NetWeaver SDN subscription will cover the following:

1) BI add-on component to testdrive and develop off SAP BW

2) provide a login to their marketplace to download sap connectors - specifically, the sap jco connector

Do you know what kind of support is provided with the subscription?

Thanks!

-Will

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.

>

> I emailed sap sdn support a week+ ago and they have not gotten back to me. I am wondering if the NetWeaver SDN subscription will cover the following:

> 1) BI add-on component to testdrive and develop off SAP BW

> 2) provide a login to their marketplace to download sap connectors - specifically, the sap jco connector

>

> Do you know what kind of support is provided with the subscription?

>

> Thanks!

>

> -Will

I think Majoj has possibly entirely missed what you're saying.

If you are buying a development subscription than you get BI as well, since BI and ECC are now bundled together. You don't get technical content. You will get an s* account which allows you to login into various otherwise restricted sites of sap.com, but I can't tell you if that enables you to get hold of, e.g. sap jco connector.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Thanks for the response. It was very helpful.

I wonder if anyone on the forum(s) know whether I will have access to sapjco*.zip in the marketplace to get the JCO connector?

Thanks!

Will

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wrong Forum, Moved to Suggestions and Comments

Former Member
0 Kudos

>emailed sap sdn support a week+ ago and they have not gotten back to me.

Contributors are busy doing their own jobs and it is good idea sometimes to wait for the solution.

>1) BI add-on component to testdrive and develop off SAP BW

Question is not clear. Please elaborate and somebody will help you.

>provide a login to their marketplace to download sap connectors - specifically, the sap jco connector

Nobody will provide you the login details.

>Do you know what kind of support is provided with the subscription?

You may get answers/links/ relevant SAP notes to your question or problem.

Edited by: Matt on Aug 19, 2009 3:33 PM - removed code tags, replaced with >

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering if the NetWeaver SDN subscription will cover the following:

1) BI add-on component to testdrive and develop off SAP BW

>Question is not clear. Please elaborate and somebody will help you.

I meant to ask if the subscription will allow me to download the Netweaver BI content addon package to install into Netweaver to play with the Data Warehousing features and whether the BI development tools (i.e. BEx Query Designer) will be available.

I am wondering if the NetWeaver SDN subscription will cover the following:

2) provide a login to their marketplace to download sap connectors - specifically, the sap jco connector

>Nobody will provide you the login details.

I am sorry you misinterpreted my question. I meant to ask if the Netweaver subscription will provide a login to the marketplace to download the various connectors so that I can use an ETL tool like Talend which requires the sapjco.jar connector. I was not asking anyone to provide me with login details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I meant to ask if the subscription will allow me to download the Netweaver BI content addon package to install into Netweaver to play with the Data Warehousing features and whether the BI development tools (i.e. BEx Query Designer) will be available.

No

>am sorry you misinterpreted my question. I meant to ask if the Netweaver subscription will provide a login to the marketplace to

>download the various connectors so that I can use an ETL tool like Talend which requires the sapjco.jar connector. I was not

>asking anyone to provide me with login details.

Again, what do you mean by netweaver subscription? You will not get access to marketplace if you register for SDN.

Edited by: Matt on Aug 19, 2009 3:34 PM fixed formatting - don't use to quote others.