cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 installation - Solaris + Oracle DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are haivng two Solaris servers (Server 1 and Server2). Requirement is to install PI 7.1 with Oracle DB on Server 1 (CI + DB - Oracle). Customer told us to utilize Server 2 efficiently, only few users are there and data load will not be a problem so Dialog Instance is not necessary in Server2.

We are planning to install CI + DB in server 2 also, will keep DB in standby mode and will be receiving all the archive logs continuously. Our plan is when server1 goes down server2 should pick up and run.

My Doubts are:

1.) We are having around 29 interfaces. Can we manage all PI configurations to server2.

2.) Again when server1 is ready --> switching from server2 to server1. Can this be done efficiently, i mean Oracle in server2 should be down and archive logs should get collected again in server2 and all the interfaces should communicate now to server1.

3.) Can we use the same solution manager key for both server1 and server2? we will use the same SID and host name for both the servers..will sapinst accept when we r trying to install in server2

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Subbu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope my question is clear. Any suggestion Guys?

Thanks,

Subbu