cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at sales order: Inconsistent characteristic value assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPians

There is a problem in variant configuration. I have configurable materials at sales order level with BOMs and super BOMs. When I am executing the scenario, not able to process further after selecting characteristic values for a configurable material. The error saying " Inconsistent characteristic value assignment". I checked all the relevant master data, every thing is okay. But I am not able to proceed further. Can any one provide some valuable inputs for this.

Raksha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u created the configuration profile - CU41 maybe it is missing. create it and run.

also check :

1. Characteristic assigned to class

2. class assigned to material master with proper - calls type

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh, I see no indication that he was even using variant tables, where did your statement come from ?

To the poster, if you do not know anything about Variant configuration then get the person that does. In CU50 they should then be able to debug the inconsistent value assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whoever created the configurable model should be able to tell you a valid combination of characteristic values to select.

If you created the configurable model, then you should be able to figure out the correct combinations. That message is a result of "rules" the VC modeller created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your response. Where (TCode) can we check the rules? Would you please provide some guideline to check and correct it.

Thanks

Raksha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did u create variant table (CU61) if not plz and try to make it by tick mark of Decision table..

u can check assignmebt consitance thru CU60 ..if there again blank plz maintain it manually..

basically wt happened during creation of Characteristics and assignment of value in value tab .. there is indicator ..which influence assignment consistance..

hope u may get clue.

correct me if i went wrong..

thanks

mk