Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Updating an Existing Scenario

Thanks in advance for the responses. When I started 25 years ago in IS this would be considered a miracle.

My scenario is this:

I have created a FTP=>FTP scenarion in the IR. I have imported to the ID and have a working scenario. I know find out that one of the files has been deleted and split into two new files.

I have updated the SWCV in the IR with the new files and I'm wondering how do I move the to the ID without manually configuring them?

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Mark,

<i>My question is this. My initial configuration in the IR had 20 files. At some later date the configuration has changed to 22 files.</i>

Do u mean, you have 20 communication channels created for 20 files ? And you have 20 mappings etc ... is so ?

If so ,anyway your scenario is File to File , so you can go with one file adapter (provided your all source files are droped into same folder) as a Sender, which will take any type of data ( if it is .csv file, then make generic content conversion with Record level) and then do the rest. So that you no need of changing the your configuartion/IR each time.

Related blog-

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2005/06/24/generic-approach-for-validating-incoming-flat-file-in-sap-xi--part-1

<i>If can't update the ID from the IR once the IR scenario has changed what is the point?? Do I need to create a new SWCV?</i>

I think if you go with above approach, I think it is not required to create multiple SWCV etc.

I am in US

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question