cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sample management with in-process inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need to know why must we assign inspection points when we use sample management in an in-process inspection ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding

Generally sample management(sample drawing procedure etc) are used in process industry or chem industry where range of samples are very high.You need to inspect same set of samples in different containers or shifts or place etc.

if assume that you are not using Inspection points then you will get a sample size,but you can only able to inspect samples once(not multiple times) depending upon sample size.

this is the reason You can only use a sample-drawing procedure/physical sampling in conjunction with inspection points.

I hope I have add some value

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you did, thanks a lot for your help and attention.

Regards,

Mahmoud Osama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

[Kindly refer the link herewith|] wherein the importance of inspection point is mentioned.

In simple words, inspection point determines what system should do to proceed the inspection.

I mean if you will enter 100 (STD SAP), system will plan the inspection, UD , Quality score procedure etc etc according to the freely defined inspection points.

Now say if you enter 200 (STD SAP) there, then system will go in the direction of Samples, means will generate Physical Sample (Numbers), Samples size, will fetch these data to UD and stock posting screen also, then calculate the Quality score, etc etc.

If you will enter it time based inspection point then system will drive the entire inspection lot accordingly.

Now these is the straight and written explanation to your answer.

Means If there is inspection point as 200--->there will be need of SDP, Sampling procedure, etc

But in same manner it is applicable in reverse order also, i.e. If you wanna go with SDP,Sampling procedure (SAMPLE Mgmt) then,inspection point there must be maintained accordingly.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inspection point is required to pin point the place where you want to carry out the inspection.Also it is a record of clearly identifiable inspection results that are assigned to an inspection operation.

Sample management will only decide on number of samples Ii.e Subpopulation taken from a basic population to determine the quality of the basic population. The basic population can be an inspection lot to be drawn for inspection.

Hope its clear.

Edited by: Tim.Shivachaliyanda on Aug 18, 2009 3:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm sorry but it is not clear enough for me, do you mean that we set inspection points to say for example i'm going to test this sample in LAP A and this sample in LAP B ?

and what do you mean by " it is a record of clearly identifiable inspection results that are assigned to an inspection operation." ?