cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem synching SAP_BUILDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a new SC/track/Dev Config, imported the Dev Config, and am creating a new Dictionary type Development Component. I get the following warning.

May 9, 2006 4:21:10 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[main,5,main]] WARNING: jdidemo/msg/dic: Sync used Dcs: Failed to sync used archives from compartment : sap.com_SAP_BUILDT_1

I've done this successfully before. The only difference I can think of is that before I was using NWDI SP 15 with NWDS SP 15 (and NWDS SP 13). In this casse I'm using NWDI SP 13 with NWDS SP 15. (I'll be deploying to an SP 13 system.) Does anyone think the discrepancy between the NWDI version and the (higher) NWDS version could be the problem? Or any other suggestion? The source of my required .SCA files was

<sap-dir>/<SID>SYS/global/CMS_CBS/plugins

on the SP 13 system, so I'm confident they are the correct version (SP 13) of the archives.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First make sure that the SAP_BUILDT has been imported by checking the number of contained DCs in CBS. Sometimes the DCs are not available because the track was changed and a Restore System State was performed.

Considering your mix of SP levels: your NWDS should always have the same SP level as your target runtime systems. In your case you are using the wrong SP level for NWDS. (<a href="/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2005/10/25/jdi-software-vs-jdi-content this weblog for more info</a>)

Your higher SP level of your NWDS can certainly be the cause of this: Everything should be at or below the SP level of the NWDI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal,

I had checked CBS: 38 DCs for SAP_BUILDT SP 13 (41 for SP 15).

At the moment, I don't have the luxury (time) to swap in and out different versions of NWDS. I do understand the importance of NWDS and NWDI being at the same level, and I've had other problems in the past when they weren't.

But those problems deal with functionality. At least as a matter of speculation, can you think why the version of NWDS should matter regarding the required archives (like SAP_BUILDT)? I declare the proper dependency in SLD; I copy into the transport directory, check in and import the correct version of the physical files into the CBS archive pools; I import the Development Configuration, which pulls in the required archives. What is it about a (slightly) higher version of NWDS that would prevent the archives from synching? I can't believe the synching functionality changes from NWDS version to version? Again, at least as a matter of speculation, what do you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, to get beyond speculation, I setup NWDS SP 13 and tried again. Same error.

(Thanks, by the way, for your reply in other threads that pointed me to a manageble way to run multiple NWDS versions on one laptop.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

have you tried to sync archive from SAP_BUILDT manually? (I.e. open Active DCs view, just select some random DC from SAP_BUILDT and select Sync Archives from the context menu.)

Best regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marc,

Thanks, and sorry for the late response. By the time you wrote that, I had done something similar. Namely, from within the Dictionary Explorer, I did <i>Sync Used DCs</i>, and it seemed to fix the problem. (I think that's what I did -- it was a number of weeks ago.)

I'm having a similar, ongoing issue, though, and am going to create a new posting for it.