cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS: Input Field length?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an OVS that is using a BAPI. This BAPI has a field for email with type AD_SMTPADR - length 241 Characters.

When I create an OVS with that the Input Field for search shown has length 241 which is way to big. Any chance to adjust that? I tried to manually adjust the generated type in web Dynpro field external representation, but with no success. Where does the OVS take the length of the input field from?

Any official way to do that? Other then changing BAPI Type or implementing view etc. on my own?

Thx in advance,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

did you try manually changing the lenth property of the input UI element for which u want to have OVS for?

did it work?

Regards,

Satya.

Edited by: Satya on Aug 18, 2009 2:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is not the input field to whom I bound the OVS... The problem is the search field I have in the OVS itself.

I have the personal number as OVS result, but I want the user to search for email, surname and lastname. The email Input field is 241 characters big, which is way TOO big. Looks very ugly.

For now I changed the type in ABAP but this is not very satisfying. I just read about OVSConfigurator in 7.11 but I'm in 7.10. If the UI of the OVS can not be changed, it is pretty useless in my opinion...

Thx anyway,

Frank

Answers (0)