cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I want to know that in an n-step approval workflow WS14000133, at which point exactly is the BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI triggered ? Can anyone help ??? Regards, Radhika.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

for example you create a shopping cart and order a a cart . now according to the starting condition (eg. value of the cart)it will trigger a corresponding work flow .

i request you to check swb_procurement tcode starting conditions for the shopping cart.or go to se19 z* select your badi wfl appov badi .check the logic of get remaing approver method.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply. I have put a breakpoint in the BADI. When i create a shopping cart and save it the breakpoint doesnt stop. Hence the question. What exactly happens when we save the shopping cart. How is the Workflow WS14000133 triggered and when is the BADI called and when is the first approver and the following approvers calculated is my query. Radhika.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

according to logic in the badi method get approver method it determines the approver so workitem will be sent to approvers to approve it.can some one help on debuging?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i want to know is when does the BADI trigger. Does it trigger multiples time or just once ?

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be called multiple times

Inside the task TS14007989 method the FM BBP_WFL_DIN_APPR_BY_RULE_GET will be calling the BADI. and this task is iside a Loop.

and more over based on the value of the SC the number approvers may chage from level to level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan, Thanks a ton. This was really helpful. One more question is that When i keep a breakpoint in the BADI and try creating a Shopping cart and approve it, the breakpoint doesnt stop. Can you please advice me regarding debugging the BADI? Regards, Radhika.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its becuase the task which the method is useing to determine the agent is a background task and if you want to debug it you need to modify make it fore ground and then insert a break point in the badi.

we can debug workflow task's only if they are foreground other wise even after inserting a break point the control won't stop.

so now its upto you whether you want to make the task fore ground or not.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Superb.....Thanks for bringing this up.. My last query is regarding the flow of the wokflow WS14000133 and WS14000134 As per my understanding WS14000133 is triggered as soon as the Shopping cart is saved. Within this workflow there is a subworkflow WS14000134 which will be called in a loop for the no.of approvers. So when the first approver approves the SC, again WS14000134 is triggered next approver is determined and so on . And once there are no further approvers, workflow WS14000133 is finally completed. Correct me if i am wrong.. Regards, Radhika.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan for your quick replies......Helped me a lot....You are a Workflow genius... Radhika.

Answers (0)