cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Deployment and Deployment Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SCM 4.0 we are been using delpoyment and now we are upgrading to SCM 7.0.

In SCM 7.0 I find two transactions Deployment (/sapapo/snp02) and Call Deployment Optimizer (/sapapo/snp03).

What's the difference between these two transactions?

Do I need to execute both the transactions?

Please clarify?

Thanks,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked in SCM4.1 where both these transactions are available. I think it should be in SCM 4.0 also.

The basic difference is quite simple - SNP02 Deployment is based on a Heuristic program while SNP03 Deployment Optimisation uses an Optimisation program.

This basically means you have two different sets of setup / config depending on which route you take.

Mostly standard Deployment (Heuristic based) should be ok for you as you were already using it and there would not be any issue during Upgrade. You may start using Deployment Optimiser but ensure you have suitable Optimiser engine installed and connected to the APO system plus necessary Optimisation setup (profiles and costs in master data)

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Both deployment and deployment optimiser are altogether

different functionalities.

Deployment :-You use deployment as a planning process to determine which of your demands can be fulfilled by the existing supply. If the quantities match the demand data received, the result of deployment is a confirmation. If, however, the available quantities are insufficient or the quantities exceed the demand, deployment modifies demand data to create planned replenishment orders.

Deployment optimiser :- The deployment optimizer creates a distribution plan for all products you selected in all selected locations of your supply chain model. This uses optimiser functionality. This produces optimised deployment results.

Hope it is clear now.

Please confirm whether your query is resolved.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.