cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ Configuration for SAP PI 7.0 SPS12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning for CHaRM and CTS+ implementation for our complex landscape including the following SAP products:

SAP IS-U (ECC 6.0)

SAP BI 7.0

SAP CRM 5.0

SAP PI 7.0

SAP EP 7.0

Solution Manager EHP1

The idea is to implement CHaRM for all ABAP stacks and integrate CTS+ with CHaRM for Java stacks.

Our EP 7.0 is at SPS19 and PI 7.0 is at SPS12. Implementing CTS+ for EP is not an issue since we'll add the EP systems in Solution Manager which will be treated as the CTS+ system.

The issue is with PI7.0. I don't find an option in STMS to add the PI Java stack for configuring CTS+ and the Transport Organizer WebUI is also missing. Maybe because our PI is at SPS12.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to configure CTS+ for PI 7.0 SPS12 if we don't upgrade to atleast SPS14?

2. Is it possible to achieve close coupling for PI at SPS12? if not then how do I configure loose coupling for PI 7.0 SPS12?

3. I can find many documentations for configuring CTS+ for PI 7.0 SPS13 onwards, but I don't find any documentation to configure CTS+ for PI 7.0 SPS12?

4. Can I add the PI Java stack in Solution Manager and configure CTS+ and then integrate it with CHaRM?

I desparately need help in address the above issues.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

You can configure CTS+ with SP12 itself. Please refer to note 1003674 for limitations with SP12.

I prefer you upgrade your PI system to atleast SP level 14.

You can also use solution manager for CTS+ and it is recommended. You can manage your complete landscape of PI and EP in Solution manager. But still i recommend to upgrade your PI systems to SP14 atleast.

Best Regards

RAGHU.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

Do you mean that the CTS+ is configured in Solution Manager? I assume that if this is the case, then Solution Manager has to be the domain controller for the PI system.

Can I configure CTS+ in Solution Manager and create a link between the SolMan domain and PI domain (having them separate)?

Thanks

Kalyan

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you can use Domain Links with CTS+ to connect your Pi Domain with the Sap Solution Manager Domain. Nevertheless, if you like to use CTS+ for PI, you should configure CTS+ on the PI systems to be able to transport the ABAP and Java parts of PI in the same transport request on the PI systems. Please take a look into the [Best Practice Guide for CTS+|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10456aac-44f7-2a10-1fbe-8b7bcd7bcd58] for implementation recommendations. You can find it here on SDN.

And I would also recommend to use SP14 on the PI systems if possible. there were a lot of improvements done between SP 12, 13 and 14 for CTS+ and how it is integrated in applications.

Kind regards

karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I use Solution Manager as our CTS+ Domain Controller for PI, does this mean I cannot have ABAP and JAVA changes in the same transport request? We are just able to attach the ABAP or JAVA change to the same transport right?

If we want to to have ABAP and JAVA changes in the same transport request we have to perform:

(1) Configure CTS+ on PI Development

(2) In Solution Manager create the Domain Link between Solution Manager and PI Domain

Please advise?

Thanks

Darrell

Karin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Darrell,

for the PI Java transports, it is not necessary to create a separate transport route. You should add the AS AJva to the exiting transport route for the PI ABAP transports. The transport requests for PI contain then both, ABAP and Java parts in the same request. The CTS+ configuration is then done on the development system for the export part (transport organizer Web UI) and on the other systems for the import parts (deploy Web Service). You can find guides on how to do this on the [CTS+ resources page |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/cts?rid=/webcontent/uuid/c0ce1dd8-c020-2b10-d080-a1cd3e985af1] [original link is broken];here on SDN for different PI releases.

For PI transports, the Solution Manager does not have to be the domain controller - in case of dual stack systems it's the better choice to re-use the existing landscape. For pure non-ABAP transports / systems like e.g. the portal, you should use the SAP Solution manager as CTS+ system (=Domain Controller and Communication System). If you'd like to see all transport routes in one system, you could use Domain Links.

Hope this clarifies things a bit

Kind regards

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin

Thank you for your reply.I have configured PI in its own domain and created domain links between PI and Solution Manager to see all the systems.

Thanks

Darrell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

We have NW 7.0 in my company but the XI version is XI 3.0 SP 24. Is this possible to have a successful CTS+ implementation in the system.

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what does

Service pack:

Release:

NW04S_26_REL

ST-PI    2008_1_700    0007   

PI_BASIS   2006_1_700    0007

means. Do i have version 7.0 installed in my system

Please reply