cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workitem list of financial approver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are trying to see if a financial approver with the role SAP_BBP_STAL_MANAGER will have an option of listing out all work items that he/she has processed - approve, reject or changed as part of the standard functionality this role provides.

This would be something like a list of all POs and SCs which have come to him for approval. Does anyone know if this functionality is available in SRM5.0 ?

Thanks in advance!

-N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use Alert notification when the document is approved/rejected, user can see all document number in his/her message email box.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thanks for your response. Would you be able to let me know which transaction should I be looking at, in the role authorization details in PFCG? Or should I be looking at the menu "Alerts" under 'Go shopping' ?

Thanks,

-N

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you find the message tab in the workflow inbox? if you have not configured the Alert, you may not find any message.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you are right, the alert option is not configured. I am assuming this is activated from the role? Or is there an other way to do so?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

My solution is just user keeps notification emails in his/her inbox. If this is fine you can start alert configuration.

Please check following customizing in SPRO.

- Define Transaction Type under Cross-Application - Transaction Type SHC should has Event Schema SC

- Define Recipient of Notification under Business Workflow

I would like to know Why they want to see old workitems and what they are going to to after checking the old workitem? I have never heard such requirement. Once we know business reason, we can find better solution.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks again..

The Business requirement is more of a question of having transparency and a reporting solution to view all approvals/rejections on a particular cost center. A financial approver could have approved 100 shopping carts and POs, but without the alert functionality that you have mentioned, there is no way for the financial approver to go back and see what he has approved or rejected, let alone get a report.

I do understand that this is possible through a custom report, but an ABAP report is not an option for portal users (these are cost center owners and are usually of a high band level in the org) .

Do share your valuable thoughts on this.

Kind regards,

-N

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is worth for their business, it is better to develop report like application in WebDynpro.

I know many customers request functions in beginning but they do not use those after go live.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

True, we are looking at an option for the reporting purpose.

To confirm again, the Alert functionality you have mentioned will list out all previous SCs and POs approved by a particular approver, correct?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes. It looks like email "sent" folder. User see all Alert notifications.

You have to configure the Alert.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (0)