cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter in a DTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have people been using the filter in a DTP functionality?

We are SP7.

1. Am I the only one for whom if I use the "change selection" function, remove all the "list of fields for selection" and then select from the "List of other selectable fields" a single characteristic from low on the list of available characteristics, that when I return the the "filter" screen, the chosen field shows up two pages down on an otherwise empty filter screen.

2. Is there any way, when looking at the extraction tab in a DTP, to view how the DTP is filtered (or even view that it is filtered at all) without clicking on the the "filter" button? In an infoPackage, you don't have to go to another screen to view the selection options

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

for newly created DTPs note #921836 should fix the problem. For old ones you can use the workaround described in the note.

Cheers

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Ramp-Up BI Back Office Team

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi just a quick question on the filter function also!

How do you filter out nulls?

I've tried using null, initial, blank to no avail!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try - > Filter - F2 - Multiple Selections - F2 - Not Equal to = Leave it blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JR,

Yes I've tried this but it still doesnt filter out the data.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael and Andreas -

For 1. We have implemented the note, and we are on SP7 (which should include the note) - I am not sure what you mean by the workaround. Technically, the filter now works fine as far as we can tell, it is just the formatting that is strange. We are opening an message.

For 2. Michael - I agree that the new approach is better, but from an administrators point of view, having to click to view whether a filter is even active in the DTP is a pain. Already, with 10 DTP for a small part of our upgrade, I find myself constantly looking to see a. if there is a filter, and b. if the filter is set correctly. Now multiple this by 200 to 400 DTP, and things get to be a pain.

I am not asking to change the design approach, just that there is some indication in the extraction tab of the DTP to show what filters are active. In fact, the "selections" area of the runtime monitor header tab would be perfect (minus the requid). I would suggest that most people would want to easily see the active filters before execution without the additional mouse clicks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

thanks a lot for your ideas and hints! This is good feedback.

I understand your concerns. I hope we can change something in this release, but this need to be discussed with the different influenced developers.

This will take time.

Thanks for your understanding!

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

we will add a flag that will indicate if filters are available in the DTP. In addition the Quickinfo of the button will give a short overview of the filters.

Secondly we will add a ALV table with all the selections without the request selection in the DTP monitor.

Unfortunately I can not give you a date when it will be available, but we are aware of the needed improvements.

Thanks again for your input and I hope the changes will help you using our tool.

Best,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SP09 we added the flag beside the button, if filter exists or not. You can see the string of the selection criteria in the QuickInfo of this flag.

Hope this helps!

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

(1) thank you for the hint,but this works fine in my system. Could you please create an OSS message to give us the possibility to correct it in your "special" case.

(2) No, this function works as it is designed. You get the information about the different filters in the Runtime Monitor (Header Tab). The filter screen is now generic and has less failure possibilities.

Best,

Michael