Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Solved ->No points to anyone

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Sometimes i feel very bad to see some questions marking as solved by the person who raised the question and not giving any points to the correct answers... I know there might be two reasons

1>Either he might have been solved on his own

2>He might not interested in giving points or may be not aware of it..

I feel SCN is a knowledge sharing and also enhances skills....What i am tring to say is if the concerned person who raises the question marks that it is solved then it will be better if he can share it with all of us.... So that atleast we can know how he could solve the question.

I request others inputs on this..

Thanks in advance,

Nagaraj Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if the concerned person who raises the question marks that it
    is solved then it will be better if he can share it with all of us.

Yes there were many threads in Sales forum which were closed and the member who posted the question does not even care to update as to how the issue has been solved, despite requests were made by those who gave suggestions. It is only a matter of attitude

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the valid inputs...

Can we do anything on this....I mean to say before closing the thread either to give points to the correct answers or asking the concerned person the correct answer that solved the problem.

I know it is a weird way ..But it really helps in knowing the correct answer and might be helpful in future...to anyone...

Regards,

Nagaraj

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can we do anything on this.

We cant do anything unless the member who posted the question has the basic responsibility to update the forum.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "watch mail" already mentions this, as do the rules and the "Welcome" sticky threads in each forum.

I think this is suffcient for almost all folks.

In earlier times there were a lot of answers which had the signature:

> Plz rubarb the pints if fondled with needles

It was very irritating... and is now blocked by the content filters. I can't see popular demand going back there...

If ponits mean a lot or enough to you and the person never gives them, then only make the "mistake" once. Really, it is just a small group you need to ignore.

Another little ponit: If someone makes a sloppy job of closing a thread, then often they did this in a hurry to open a new one(s). In my books, those new ones had better be good ones - and I do check this when I notice it.

Cheers,

Julius

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> > Plz rubarb the pints if fondled with needles

I wouldn't dare to think what the cotinten flertits would have to block when everyone becomes as creative as you

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

incontinent flitters

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your valubale inputs.... Thanks to the moderators view on this and also the rest who had given some nice points.

Lets make SCN a successful public forum and a great friend to the whole SAP world..

Closing the thread

Regards,

Nagaraj

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plz rubarb the pints if fondled with needles

cotinten flertits

incontinent flitters

Thats three Coffee over keyboard moments already on a bright and sunshiney Wed-Hump-nes-Day.

To the OP:

Im not a real fan of the ponits system but just to make your day, here's your suggestion to put it forward to Team SCN.

No thread be allowed to close if at least one of the replies has not been assigned ponits. But there might be the case where the OP has solved the problem himself and none of the answers were any useful. In such case there should be a fifth extra Radio Button which reads: No Ponits (or) Not Useful.

pk

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This kind of irresponsible behaviour can be controlled to a large extent by keeping control on creation of user IDs. Since we can create any number of user ids, those people doesn't care about following rules and and also doesn't care about the warnings from moderators also. Creation of a user id should be proposed by an existing member and upon checking the credibility/behaviour of this proposer, the new userid should be approved by the moderators. If this new person doesn't follow the rules, then apart from deleting this id the proposer also should get punished by way of removing points and also not considering their proposals in future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add a bit to what Matt has already covered:

I don't like interfering in the points but sometimes it breaks my heart to see our people have put an effort in to help others and then simply close the thread , sometimes withou even a thank you or worse - they duplicate post a new thread with the same question although they already have the answer but don't "see it" for some reason.

The best advice I can give is to do a quick background check on them via the previous posts in their profile (you will also spot recent duplicates this way) and via the "Total points" on the "Additional points" tab you can see whether they have assigned ponits generally (you can also catch ponits-gamers this way).

Cheers,

Julius

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No one is forced to give points, obviously. And how they allocate points is up to them - for example, recently I gave a complete answer to a question and got two points. The guy who gave the one word answer, some time after my post, got 10. It's just the way it goes.

However. It is a rule, in the Rules of Engagement, that if you've received help, you should allocate points. If someone isn't do this - report them via the abuse report, and we'll send them a little reminder. Often it's just a matter of education.

If someone resolves a problem on their own, they may well not allocate any points. Again, that's up to them. However, they should also share what the solution was - since they expected help from the community, it's only fair they should share their knowledge with us also.

regards

matt

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mat,

I totally agree with all your points mentioned.

Regards,

Nagaraj

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> No one is forced to give points, obviously. And how they allocate points is up to them - for example, recently I gave a complete answer to a question and got two points. The guy who gave the one word answer, some time after my post, got 10. It's just the way it goes.

Its not the complete answer which matters sometimes, its the easy method eventhough it may create inconsistency.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> >

> > No one is forced to give points, obviously. And how they allocate points is up to them - for example, recently I gave a complete answer to a question and got two points. The guy who gave the one word answer, some time after my post, got 10. It's just the way it goes.

>

>

> Its not the complete answer which matters sometimes, its the easy method eventhough it may create inconsistency.

Was it you?

I think it's more that some people just want spoon-feeding, rather than to understand the problem - and thus to be able to solve it themselves next time.

matt

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> >

> > >

> > > No one is forced to give points, obviously. And how they allocate points is up to them - for example, recently I gave a complete answer to a question and got two points. The guy who gave the one word answer, some time after my post, got 10. It's just the way it goes.

> >

> >

> > Its not the complete answer which matters sometimes, its the easy method eventhough it may create inconsistency.

>

> Was it you?

>

> I think it's more that some people just want spoon-feeding, rather than to understand the problem - and thus to be able to solve it themselves next time.

>

> matt

Yup, thats what I see in BI forum sometimes.But these are rare cases thats the good part.

e.g. (this was long back)

If someone suggests (and 5 more to support it) to go to SE14 and delete master data table(creates inconsistency) contents its the best compared to deleting only unused master data the normal way.

Later you will find one more thread by same person my cube is not loading or reports not working...........you know the reason now

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Later you will find one more thread by same person my cube is not loading or reports not working...........you know the reason now

LOL! Yes, I have seen a few of those as well

That is why I really enjoy the "urban legend" threads. Typically you don't get many ponits for spoiling someone's expectations or ruining their dreams, but it makes for very interesting discussions.

Cheers,

Julius