cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound EDI Message Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am using AS2 and OFTP adapter in seeburger and want to understand the inbound flow of messages.

As I have read some blogs and searched couple of entries in SDN, I want to make sure whether my understandings are correct.

The big doubt in my mind is the starting point of an seeburger Inbound message. When an EDI Message comes into seeburger which communication channel does the following jobs

Classifier

Mapping

Splitting

And after splitting it forwards the message to the Split997 and in turn it identifies the proper sender agreement.

But am more confused on the starting point like any scenario will have a sender communication channel to pick up the seebyrger messages. Which one is it?

Can anyone explain me the configuration part alone? I have already gone through Prateek seeburger scenario and got most of the things clarified.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When an EDI Message comes into seeburger which communication channel does the following jobs

This could be any communication channel. If your partner support OFTP or As2 protocol, it would be AS2 sender or OFTP sender communciation channel. Inside these channels only, you will add the modules.

Suppose your sender side sends a simple EDI file using FTP, then you may use standard File sender adapter and add these modules to it.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

The reason why I got confused was that we had many scenarios where they were using FTP as the starting point.

There was one scenario which was unnoticed that uses AS2. As i have seen, they did configure an AS2 sender.

Now am all cleared.

Thanks for your blogs

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Read this article for complete step by step to configure an inbound EDI message to an IDOC.

It has detailed steps that are to be done in Configuration

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10b17369-9522-2c10-84a6-d75d8a8ace22&overrid...

Regards,

Ravi