cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import & Syndication server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We may need to restart our Import/Syndication server as teh automatic synication is not wrking fine everything else being verified.

I want to know,that if we restart the Import/Syndication services do we need to once again set the configurations like (mentioning the Username and pwd etc in the MDIS.ini etc again).

Thanks

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta

Restrating the MDIS and MDSS will not impact the ini files. As suggested by Jitesh you can take a back up before the restart.

How do you findout if the MDSS needs a restart? In our case we monitor the mdss log and if no entries are being written to log we restart the MDSS.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all for your valuable inputs.

Ravi,

Where do i monitor the MDSS logs?

Also i have one more question.

Say for eg my syndication server is down for some time and during this time there are some records waiting to be syndicated.

Will my MDSS pick up these pending files and syndicate them as soon as the MDSS is up and running.

Or will i have to reprocess them again some how.

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

If you are using MDM 7.1, then you can find the MDSS logs under Auxilary Servers > Load MDSS Server > Logs. You can also refer to the logs directory for MDSS logs on the file system where MDS is installed.

Regarding second question, If there are some geerated files in ready folder then it will be picked up when your server is up and running.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI AJ

the MDSS logs are available under MDS folder in the logs file.

Yes the files which are still not picked and lying in the ready folder will be reprocessed when MDSS is restarted.

hope this helps.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

If you have the MDSS, MDIS and MDS on the same server then the logs will be found on the same server under -

\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server\logs

or

D:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\MDM Import Server\logs

or

D:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\MDM Syndication Server\logs

but if they are located on separate servers then you have to login to each server and follow the path.

There are chances of the MDSS.ini or MDIS.ini getting overwritten after restart, sometimes it happens that you mount repository on wrong server and an entry is created in this ini files which does not get deleted when you unmount the repository.

so as suggested by Jitesh always keep a latest backup of all ini files.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

No, you can restart your servers this won't effect your changes made in configuration files. For safer side, you can copy the .ini files on some other location and restart the servers. Check the configuration files again, if you think your changes have been lost (ideally which should not) then you can simply paste your earlier .ini file.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Pls. explain is tehre is any dummy MDM tool/Software come that I can install at Home or in office for learning purpose?

Pls. guide me.

Thanks & regards

V V Shukla