cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding Repair process in SAP-IDES.

Study Materials referred from:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/5b/3df618a6ff11d282fb0000e8a5eb64/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46b/helpdata/es/5b/3df61ba6ff11d282fb0000e8a5eb64/content.htm

Query #: 1

In the SAP help document Website (http://help.sap.comwebsite), the entire repair processing is shown under QM segment, but being a repair process, it should come under Customer Service segment. Does it have any functional implication ?

Query #: 2

I tried to run the Repair process based on the help document mentioned above. But i got stuck in the following areas:

1. Service Order is not getting created automatically.

Error in SAP - IDES :"A service order has not been found for action 'Repairs'"

Configuration settings: I cross checked the transactions like : "OVZG", "OVZH" etc.

2. Also im not getting the automatic creation of the 4th line item(Item Category - IRAL) in the repair order, which in turn stops me from creating the Outbound delivery.

Configuration settings: I cross-checked the Item Category settings ... it seems to be ok.

I request for a solution to the above points.

Also, if any study material is available on the topic ...please share.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP2020,

IDES Practice materials available in [this link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/e6/4a8df09e0311d189b70000e829fbbd/frameset.htm] - Customer service segment.

Have a look at Additional informations, explaining item category determination methods

1. Service order will be determined by

a.Material Strategy group>Strategy type>Requirement type> Requirement class> Order

b.Sales item categroy>Requirement type(SERA)> REquirement class 203-->Order

Check the above for generating Serv order from Repair order.

2. It has been coupled the technical completion of the service order to the time Repair confirmation

Hope this helps...

For more queries post your requirement with an example...

Note: This kind of queries are expected in EAM forum...

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu,

Thanks for your inputs.

1. Could you please let me know where the following assignments are made in SAP:

a.Material Strategy group>Strategy type>Requirement type> Requirement class> Order

b.Sales item categroy>Requirement type(SERA)> REquirement class 203-->Order.

2. The service order is technically completed, but still not able to get the fourth line item (IRAL). What is the setting between Service Order TECO and the fourth line item.

Further simillar queries will be posted in EAM thread.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.a

In Material master MRP3 view, strategy group is to be assigned as 84 (service orders). By default this str.grp is linked with Requirement type SERA and Requirement class 203.

1.b

SPRO>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements>Transfer of Requirements-->Define Requirements Classes --> Determination Of Requirement Types Using Transaction

Please ensure that

i. Requirement class is assigned with appropriate Service order type.

SPRO>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements>Transfer of Requirements-->Define Requirements Classes (OVZG)

ii. Task list is assigned to your Service material - Service product - OISD

SPRO

Sales and Distribution>Sales>Sales Document Item-->Assign Item Categories for determining the item category based on usage

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu,

Followed the settings that you have mentioned, but still not able to create the Service Order automatically.

1. a. In material master MRP3 view, Strategy group is maintained as 84.

(The link Material Strategy group>Strategy type>Requirement type> Requirement class> Order - is it Hard Coded ?)

1.b.

SPRO>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements>Transfer of Requirements-->Define Requirements Classes --> Determination Of Requirement Types Using Transaction

Actual Assignment:

Item Category Reqt class Reqt. Type

IRRS 039 SE

IRRE 203 SERP

IRRP 203 SERP

IRAL 040 KE

i. Requirement class is assigned with appropriate Service order type.

SPRO>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements>Transfer of Requirements-->Define Requirements Classes (OVZG)

Actual Assignment:

Reqt. Class Service Order Type

039 SM01

203 SM01

ii. Task list is assigned to your Service material - Service product u2013 OISD

Actual Assignment:

Service Pdt Work Centre Plant B Area Gen TL Group Counter Task List Type

R-1001 PC-SERV 1200 8000 62 1 A

2. Sales and Distribution>Sales>Sales Document Item-->Assign Item Categories for determining the item category based on usage

Actual Assignment:

Sal. Doc. Type Item Cat. Group Item Usage H. L . Item Cat Item Category

RAS NORM IRRS

RAS NORM R101 IRRS IRRE

RAS NORM R102 IRRS IRRP

RAS NORM R103 IRRS IRAL

Finally,

Error Message: When tried to access the Service Order through the Service Order button in the Repair Tab of the first line item of the repair order.

u201CA service order has not been found for action 'Repairs'u201D

Message no. V1866

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diagonose the system,

Iin OISD, maintain RType field as 02 with Robj =02

Create a sales order, enter one Service product (material type = DIEN)as a line item --> triggers item category TAD.

Goto Procurement tab, check the Requirement type, if it is not "SERA", change it to SERA and save the Sales order.

Open the sales order again (VA02), goto>item>Scheduled lines.... there you can find a "Service order" button. Click over it, will open the Service order

Will trigger a Service order SM01.

Let me know your observation for further analysis

Babui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu,

Made the settingsu2026.as below u2026for a serviceable material:

In OISD, maintain RType field as 02 with Robj =02

Created a sales order (Order Type u2013 Standard Order type - OR):

R-333 id the matreila and material type = DIEN

Requirements Type changed to SERA

Following is the error message received :

u201CConfiguration not possible for material R-333 : Reason 3 > Help

Message no. V1360u201D

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu,

Your inputs are awaited ....

Still facing problem.....'

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A bit busy with my documentation work.

Check the Requirement class setting indicator for configuration (cnfg) = mandatory or allowed or not allowed. keep it blank and test.

Revert back with your observations.

Babu

Edited by: BabuCS on Aug 26, 2009 6:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu,

Thanks again for your inputs. Your dedication towards answering the forum queries is excellent.

I found something strange... Once i remove the "+" sign from the Configuration indicator of the Requirement Class (203) in the OVZG transaction .... when i click in the "Create Repair Order" in the Action box of the Service Notification, after keying in RAS order type and the other details... it ask for the Wok center selection ( as in OISD format) then the Operations selection and the screen disappears once i select those....

After that if disply mode of the service notifictaion is viewed ... Service order is automatically created even before the Returns delivery and QA11 (Accepating the Inspection lot i.e the Technical Check)....

Please help .... as how to proceed on this...

Your immediate response will be highly appreciated.......

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu,

Any Feedback...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru

Please help me in this case..

I am new to this service issues..i have a scenario where 2 orders are getting generated from 1 service notification.

my process is service notification-sales order in background-service order- billing.

please do help us asap.

kiran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.