cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of Min. Import Slices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I read about Import Performance Optimization in MDM 7.1 Console Reference Guide (page 214). The Guide recommends to not make the Import Slice Minimum size too small to make import more efficient.

My question is: has anyone experience with small amounts of imports? I have a daily delta import into MDM, sometimes consisting only of a handful of records. How will 7.1 MDIS handle these small amounts of records?

- will it wait until the minimum slice size is reached, effectively stopping the file from being processed?

- will it import the file anyway, even if the amount of records is smaller than the minimum slice size?

I don't want to have to set the min. slice size to 1

Thanks

Christiane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two terms in this context

1. Chunk Size - MDIS will break the file into chunks and handover the Chunk conisting of records to MDS for processing.

2. Import Slice - MDS will take the number of records specified as the value for parameter Import Slice Minimum size for processing.

As far as Import Slice Minimum size and Import Size Maximum Slice concerns, according to me these are the threshold values hence if the number of records is less then the Import Slice Minimum Size value still MDS will process the records.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja