cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global query variants in Bex 7.x - user authorisations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I have problem with global query variants in new 7.x Bex.

The only users who can create such global variants have SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW authoriztions. All others are not able to see those variants when they created and also all other users are not able to create such variants. When they try to do it and unflag 'personal variant' check box and then enter technical name of the new variant they get message "no enough authorization...."

I have serched SAP notes for this but found nothing. Anybody know where and what I have to customize to get such global variants working for all users or knows about SAP note which describes this?

We are on SAP EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and frontend BI 7.x Supp. Pack 9 Rev.1497

I would appreciate all answers.

Marek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The people who are able to excute and create the global query varients have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW is it.

Because these profiles are having full administrator access. What you have to do is, you have to prepare a matrix with the authorizations that you need to create variants.

Then create a role and add all the t-codes/authorizations related to the access in that role.

For that you have to get in touch with basis folks to add all these authorizations in the role. if you need to create Auth objects, then go to RESECADMIN and create it.

Assign and maintain thorugh RSECADMIN itself.

Hope this would help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

many thanks for your reply. I think I didn`t explain my problem right:

I know that I need to assign certain authorization to the users who would be able to save global variants and to see global variants for the queries created by others and I know the tcode to do this. The problem is I don`t know which authorization is needed.

As you mentioned those 2 roles are `full` authorization but obviously not all of those authorizations need to be assign to get the global query variant visible.

To specify my questions more in detail then. Does anyone knows:

1. What are default SAP authorization objects which allow to create and see such global variants?

2. What values should be assigned to those objects to have required functionality for the user?

3. Are other restriction/prerequisities to have such functionality for certain group of users?

The only way I see to learn it know is to make together with basic team new role - copy of SAP_ALL SAP_NEW, assign it to test user and then remove authorizations one by one to check at which point this user will loose ability to see/create global query variants...

Does anyone of forum user has maybe better idea or info on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to give save access to your users. they have to get edit access is it.

first you have to figure out the users list who should need the edit/change access. who should need just display access.

from which t-code you will create global query variants?

create one role with that t-code and all the related SAP auth objects will be assigned by default to that particular role.

Normally there are three kind of users. 1. super users 2. Developers 3.End users.

1. super users are nothing but administrators. They will have all access including delete, change.

2. Developers will have change access but not delete access to others objects.

3. End users with display access only.

As per the category you have to assign the values in the Auth object.

As per my knowledge, there would be no pre-requisities to assign access. Restrictions will be as per the users responsibility.

Hope this would help you more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using 7.x authorizations then S_RS_PARAM is the authoirzation object for Business Explorer - Variants in Variable Screen.

If in BI7 you are using the old authorization concept(3.x) then you need to give access to the authorization object S_RS_GVAR (Business Explorer - Global variables).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhawani,

thank you a lot. This is what I was looking for. S_RS_PARAM works fine for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

thanks for you reply but I'm afraid this global query variants are not directly connected to tcodes authorization.

I was looking for the name of auth. Bex object which keeps authorization for this and Bhawani answer solved my problem u2013 it works now.

Answers (0)