cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 04 developer studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in deploying the Web Dynpro applications from Developer studio. I dont see SDM under windows->preferences in my studio. THe version is 2.0.3

How would I go about deploying the applications? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shailaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Refer this thread

The SDM preferences are no longer set explicitly in the Developer Studio. It is now enough to set the SAP J2EE Engine preferences and you shouldn't have any problems deploying via SDM.

Configure J2EE server under NWDS.

In NWDS click on windows menu -> preferences -> SAP J2EE Engine

If your SAP j2ee is installed on a remote host provide the following details

Message server Host -> ur host name of J2ee server

Message server port -> 36<SCS instance number> i.e 3601

after configure the J2ee server will be able to deploy on J2ee server with administrator user name and password

(SDM username & Password).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur response. I went through the thread you mentioned. But again i tried to deploy the application i get the following error.

<b>An exception occured while deploying: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Make sure that the J2EE and SDM server settings are correct and both servers have been started</b>

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shailaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailaja,

Open your MMC and see if the nodes are green.If that is fine, I guess the problem is with the configuration of the server.Click on windows> preferences>SAP J2E engine and check whether you have entered the correct details for the " Message Server Host" and "Message Server Port", and then click on apply.Now click on the J2EE ngine tab at the right hand side bottom of the screen and refresh it to see if your server nodes are visible in that area.If all this is fine, now try deploying your application.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Umadevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umadevi,

I have installed the developer studio on my PC. I dont have MMC. Am directly working on the studio and wanted to deploy my applications on the remote server. Do i have to install MMC? I try to look into the J2EE engine tab under J2EE explorer perspective and i get this error.

<b>An error has occurred when creating this view</b>

Thanks in advance,

Shailaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Would request you to at atleast NWDS 2.0.9(comes with sp 9 of the NW pack) as NWDS 2.0.3 has been pretty old and there has been good amt of change in NWDS plugins for j2ee deployment.

hope this helps . Please mark points for helpful answers

regards

rajeshkr