cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping template not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read the threads related to mapping templates and related sap help.

I am able to create a mapping template successfully.

But I am not getting the option to use it in a message mapping.

As a simple test, I created a template between mapping of same datatype.

I created a message type with this datatype. I am trying to use the above template in a mapping with the same message type as source and target.

Now, when I click on the target message on this data type and right click, the options like 'show suitable templates' is disabled.

Since a template exists between the source and target datatype, I would expect this option to be enabled so I can choose the suitable template.

I am getting this option enabled only if I am editing a template, not when I am editing a message mapping.

Any ideas what I am missing?

Thanks,

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just saving the sub-structures of a message mapping as a mapping template in this way is not sufficient for the mapping editor to be able reference it (you would normally use the template in another message mapping). After you have saved the template you then need to load it into the message mapping

procedure for loading [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/79/2835b7848c458bb42cf8de0bcc1ace/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but the problem is that I don't even have the option for 'Load mapping template' in the mapping editor. Neither am I getting the option enabled when I click on the context menu of the target data type as suggested.

May be I am on an old version where this feature is not available.

I am on NW04S_16_REL. Is it available in this release?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

It should be still available. Please check your jre version. Try to have java 1.4.2 and see.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sathish,

My IR shows java version as

Runtime Environment

Java version:

1.6.0_06

I suppose this should work right?

Locally I have j2sdk1.4.2_13 installed, but that should not affect this I think, as integration builder is launched separately regardless of your local java version?

Guru

Edited by: P Guru on Aug 18, 2009 10:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

I have the same problem. with the J2RE Version. Usually the mapping buttons not working with version more than 1.4.2

Can you load PI with JWS- usually located.

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_12\javaws\javaws.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I just tried in my mapping. For me also it is disabled and I have a jre version of 1.6. I uninstalled this from my laptop and then restarted my system and downloaded 1.4.2_19 version from sun website. Now I see them as enable in my system. So please try this.

Note: Get this from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/jdk/142/

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

Can you make sure you have done all the steps given in this document for the same:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50171256-1ee2-2a10-3f84-ddecf098f724&overrid...

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Thanks for your reply, but there are some differences between the options available to me and what is presented in the ppt.

- In the ppt, a template is created by clicking on a source and target message type, not data type. In my system, I cannot even do that. I can only choose data types or external definitions for my template

- In the ppt, they click the target message type in the message mapping and the context menu brings up ' show suitable templates ' enabled. My issue is that, I click on target data type/or message type - this context menu option is disabled.

Guru