Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Uses of XI from SAP--XI--Legacy

Hi all,

our company is trying to analyze the advantages of XI:

we are doing a SAPXIlegacy system scenario, where sales orders are created in the SAP system and Orders IDOC is generated...but before the IDOCs are generated we are doing some validations in ABAP by enhancements,user exits and then the IDOCs are generated. once the idocs are generated they are sent to XI...my question is instead of doing those validations in ABAP why dont we do those validations in XI? since we are already using XI and it will be easier in Monitoring wise if we use XI.

there are suggestions from my team members that if we can do those validation in R/3 why do we have to use XI???

we on debating on this...can anyone let me know that which is best way to do the validations (ABAP/XI) when we post data from SAP to Legacy?

2. also lets say the orders IDOC are posted in XI,,and after 1 or 2 days there are some changes made to that order and the IDOC with the changed fields/segments comes in again to XI...is there a way in XI to check whether the this IDOC has changed fields when compared to the old IDOC(previous IDOC)?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question