cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSACONNABORTED: Software caused connection abort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP GUI 7.10 Patch Level 9 on my laptop. I have no problems accessing SAP from the office, however when I try via a VPN connection from home I receive the following errror :

connection to partner 'xxxx <server_name> xxx:sapdp03' broken

WSACONNABORTED: Software caused connection abort

I know the server is up and running because I can access all transactions fine via a webgui Portal iView.

Also I have given the same laptop to a colleague and she has no problems accessing SAP via the SAP GUI from her home VPN.

I have 8Mb broadband at home, although is generally runs at about 5Mb. I have tried using the low speed connection option with no change. I am thinking that there may be some settings on my router that is causing the problem or perhaps there are some restrictions with my broadband provider ?

Any suggestions/advice would be great

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am using SAP GUI 7.10 Patch Level 9 on my laptop. I have no problems accessing SAP from the office, however when I try via a VPN connection from home I receive the following errror :

>

> connection to partner 'xxxx <server_name> xxx:sapdp03' broken

> WSACONNABORTED: Software caused connection abort

>

> I know the server is up and running because I can access all transactions fine via a webgui Portal iView.

The portal uses the webbrowser and an HTTP protocol. The DIAG protocol of the SAPGUI is different. You either have a problem with a local firewall or the VPN tunnel does not allow other protocols going through it.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help