cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the value of input field based on certain event of another DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created two DCs - Calendar DC and Main Application DC. I have used Calendar DC in Main Application DC. When user clicks on some date, the date should be sent to the Main Application DC.

I have created DateNavigator UI element in Calendar. Using firstselecteddate property, I am capturing the date clicked by the user in Calendar. Using the context framework, I am able to get the value of date clicked in the Main Application DC.

Now how I can set the value of Date Input field of Main Application DC using the date clicked received from the calendar DC?

I can not use it in wddoinit. As initally data entry screen will be displayed. Once the user clicks on some date in calendar the Date Input field of Main Application DC should get populated.

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

have you considered context-mapping? Map the context or helper-attributes between the DCs or use calculated attributes and code the data transfer inside the getter and setter methods. The latter is not the preferred way since you should avoid coding in calc. attributes.

Hope that helps

Jan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Use can acheive this functinality using public parts.

--capture the selected date ina variable, add it to the public parts of the main DC.

Add main DC as a used DC in the other Dc where you want to use.

search in SDn about Public parts , component interfacing

also you can go through the following blog

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/800b7206-9c6d-2910-f78e-ce4034716c56&overrid...

Regards,

Satya.