Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access Universe Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue -

I am able to connect to CMC but when i try to logon to universe designer i get this error -

[repo_proxy 13] SessionFacade::openSessionLogon with user info has failed(Unable to log on: Could not connect to server 10.191.100.199:6400. Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

(hr=#0x80042a01).

Its sure that server is running , and i am able to logon into CMC. But not in designer ?

What could be a possible cause ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to give correct Cms server name in System while logging into BO.

Or goto Infoview login with ur credentials and in preferences -> desktop -> select dektopp for opening deski reports and open a deski report from infoview then ur cms server name will be automatically displayed to you from next logon.

DoAppreciate if it is useful.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

former_member207342
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if you can telnet to the BO server no 6400 port machine using telnet.

telnet 10.191.100.199 6400.

It might be an case that 8080 port is open but 6400 is blocked by firewall.

Regards,

Kuldeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general this error message is linked to a network/firewall problem.

Universe Designer communicates directly with the BOE components and does not use Web connection.

Make sure you have at least 5 ports open :

- 2 ports for the CMS (6400 plus a response port)

- 1 port for Input FRS

- 1 port for Output FRS

- 1 port for Connection Server

These ports will need to be specified and fixed by the BusinessObject administrator and then opened on the firewall.

Also check if you have a personal firewall on your PC, and try to disable it .

Lala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked that services realated to CMS are running, especially InputFileRepository?

Have you also checked that your BOE license is still valid?

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response -

I have checked in CMC , all the services are running and all the server are up , with the Valid lisence keys.

From the error messgae pasted above - it says that

" [repo_proxy 13] SessionFacade::openSessionLogon with user info has failed(Unable to log on: Could not connect to server 10.191.100.199:6400. Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.(hr=#0x80042a01) "

As CMC is working fine it means that server is running ....still its showing the same messgae.

Pls suggest me .

anupkumar_rai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Could you check if the user has the previlege to log into the Designer? You can verfy this CmcApp. click on Applications->UniverseDesigner-> See if the user is add to the group and if he has the required permission.

If this was the reason for failure, ideally the error message should be different. But I suggest you can give it a try.

Thanks

-Anup-

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Designer won;t accept IP as the server name, you need to give it machine name of your CMS server.

If it can't be resolved, add it to your hosts file.

Also, do you have a firewall between your machine with designer and the server ?