cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versions for deployment - problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a big problems with a deployment.

Following Situation:

I have to take over a existing web dynpro for java project. I have made the changes and build a new ear file. But during the deployment I get an error the the current version of the ear file ist equals or newer than my new one. So i checked the errors and found following:

1. old version .../'local'/'20090806120245'/'0'

2. new version ...'/'LOKAL'/'0.2009.05.11.10.38.18'/'0'

So I'm wondering about the different formats (which xould be the problem). Has anyone an idea how to solve it?

I know, that i can deploy by forcing the overwrite - but the current administrator (who deploys that) don't like to do this (I don't know why, but i can't change this).

Thanks for any hint

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, my mistake

new version .../'local'/'20090806120245'/'0'

old version ...'/'LOKAL'/'0.2009.05.11.10.38.18'/'0'

So the dates are ok, but the format is different and the deployment deny its work.

Does anyone know, why i have different formats and how i can prevent this?

Kind regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

You may be facing this problem since the two versions deployed are conflicting. You can try undeploying the previous EAR and then deploy the new application.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Divyata

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can ask the basis team to un deploy the .ear file from the server.Then you can deploy the .ear file once again.

Thanks

Susmita

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

It is little bit surprising why the new version of deployment showing the older date. I am not sure but I wildly guess the system date is wrong or like that.

1.Ask your administrator to restart the server. It will clear the cache. Try to deploy again.

2. If the above solution does not work, then go to SDM and manually undeploy the application. Try to deploy again from NWDS.

Hope this will resolve your problem.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I think, if you rename your project, component and the application you may not get this error regarding versions.

Did you try it to rename them?Just try to do this once and I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

the newer version indeed is 11 May 2009 isnt it.. which is older than .../'local'/'20090806120245'/'0' ..?

Regards,

Ashok