cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control cannot be activated for hierarchical projects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I changed project availability control tolerance limits i.e usage from 110% to 100.

Availability control activitation type is 1and Overall option is selected.

Generally my user using these t.codes

CJ01 create project

CJ02 For WBS elements creation 2 level WBS elements are creating.

CJ02 Assigning to dept (Extras - investment programme)

IM30 Keeping budget in the dept

IM52 distributing the budget from dept to project

(Here i am getting error Availabiltiy control cannot be activated for hierarchical projects )

Availability controll cannot be activated for hierarchaical projects

Different settings existing for availability control)

Please advice. I tried in CJBN t.code no use. (i am getting msg like availability control cannot be activated)

Thanks

Balu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer OSS note 430451

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balu,

Check the message type it must be a warning message.

This message appears in the following scenario.

You have an investment program, and budget for the same. You have several projects created under the investment program. While distributing the budget from the investment program to the project this message comes.

As per the message, if you have activated the project definition from the appropriation request and created the Level1 WBS element. If you have copied any existing project or std. WBSE structure while creating the WBSE from appropriation request the structure from the copied project will be carried to the new project. This is done before the budget distribution to the project from investment position ID, using tcode IM52.

Or after activation of the project definition and creation of WBSE from appropriation request w/o copying any existing project or std. WBSE, but if you create the structure to the newly activated project before the budget distribution (IM52)

The availability control will not be activated for that project.

in short it means that if any project is having the Project structure before budget distribution, the availability control cannot be activated. You should activate the availability control manually using Tcode CJBV.

If this message appears at the time of budget distribution (IM52) to the new project, for the investment program which has already got several projects activated and structure is created for the same. But for the new project the structure is not yet created. In that case you can neglect this message as it is a warning message.

Hope the above may clarify you.

Regards,

Praveen B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Thanks for your information

But this message i am not getting as warning message, i am getting as a error message. Please advice.

Thanks

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

Can ypu please calrify the below:

In Which transaction you are getting this error message?

Can you open and paste the message here?

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply

in IM52 i am getting following message when i am assigning budget from one dept to project.

Availability control (Green colour)

" Different settings exist for availability control" (as warning msg)

Explanation for this msg

You would like to execute a budget distribution from the investment program to several capital investment measures (orders or projects). The individual capital investment measures have different settings with regard to the availability control.

System Response

The system does not process the budget distribution.

Procedure

1. Store in all subordinate capital investment measures of this capital investment program the same settings of the availability control. Also change the budget profiles belonging to it.

Attention:

Changes to a budget profile can have affects on further order orders or projects to which the budget profile is likewise assigned.

2. Reconstruct for all orders and projects for which you have changed the profile and which are already budgeted the "Assigned values". For this choose in the Implementation Guide of the project system or of the overhead cost orders the work step "Reconstruct availability control".

Example

You distribute budget to an order with availability control against annual budget and to a projekt with availability control against overall budget. Both capital investment measures therefore have different settings with regard to the availabiltiy control.

Adjust the settings for example with regard to the availability control in the budget profile of the project to that of the order (remove "overall" indicator so that the availability control takes places against annual budget). For all projects affected by the budget profile change and already budgeted you have to reconstruct the assigned values.

Notes

If you want to work at all costs with different settings with regard to the availability control for capital investment measures then you can change the type of this message (in the standard an "error message" appears) into a warning.

Reconstruct in this case for every budget change on a capital investment measure the assigned values for this object as the system will otherwise not convey the budget changes to the availability control.

In order to change the type of message choose the work step " Change message control" (application area "BP", message number "741").

Thanks

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balu,

It seems there is some inconsistency in the availability control.

Go to Transaction CJBW (Deactivate Availability Control) choose all the project from -- to --. Execute.

Then carry out IM52. Check if any warning mesage comes.

After that go to transaction CJBV(Activate Availability Control) choose all the projects and Execute.

Note that it is very important to carryout the transaction CJBV after IM52..

Try this and revert back with your observations.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your information.

Here the total issue is i changed the tolerance limit from 110% to 100 for a budget profile from that time onwards i am getting error message. If i changed any tolerance limit for availability control what are the things i need to follow what is the impact in Data base. Is there any harm to previous data.

Main thing i want to say that in development when i am trying put budget in im52 i am just getting warning message. It is working fine. But in quailty server i am getting error message which i sent to you few hours back (that big message).

Please advice

Thanks

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

check this note: 444439.

Regards,

Praveen B

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

any changes in the tolerance limit settings.

you have to re-build the project info database.

Follow the transaction in sequence

1. CJBW

2.CJEN

3. CJBN or CJBV.