Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Agent assignment did not get updated at run time

Hi,

I had a strange problem happened in my workflow. I used "Superior of workflow initiator" for one task. I encountered an error "Error in resolution of rule "AC000000168" during tests so I changed agent to myself to see whether it would work okay. After the change I clicked "generate and activate run time version". But during tests it still gave me the same error "Error in resolution of rule "AC000000168". Finally I need to delete the task and recreate it so the agent will be changed to my new assignment. But if I change it again to a different agent, it will remember the previous one in the run time although I did generate and activate workflow. I also clicked "refresh organizational environment" in test mode before I run it but it did not help.

I felt it has something to do with Cache Memory but I am not sure what I need to do. I am new in SAP(company went live to SAP in February) and I just had my workflow training in March. I appreciate if somebody could point me to the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

Merta

Former Member
replied

Hi Merta,

Just like any other task, if you have marked it as asynchronous you need a terminating event, if you mark it as synchronous you don't.

As you have used a BO type (next time try an OO type - I'll be writing some blogs soon) - mark the BO method as synchronous, then update the task and then the workflow to pick up the flag. You should then be able to carry on.

Regards,

Jocelyn

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question