cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Support Packs on Cluster Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a PRD system which is a clustered box . OS is WIN 2003 and DB is SQL2005.

I have CI on node 1 and DI on node 2, and currenlty im doing the Abab Support packs.

I run the support packs in background and when i monitor i see that the job is triggered on DI and they run for a long time

and nothing happens when i check logs i get the error stating RDDIMPDP could not be triggered .

When i shut down my application server and run the support packs they are applied sucessfully coz i can trigger an event

RDDIMPDP from exe of CI , where as when i trigger the event from DI exe directory it gives me the following error

Command used for triggering an event : sapevt.exe SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP -t name=PRD

Mon Aug 17 18:33:32 2009

Trace File of External Event Raiser (Level=2, Append=0)

Mon Aug 17 18:33:34 2009

EventID: SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP

• ERROR **: Cannot determine mshost

I checked the default profile parameter and i see that parameter rdisp/mshost is maintained correctly

Has any one seen this issue earlier?????

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

Thanks for the reply

Have you done the Installation on virtual Server name ??

Are you asking if i physically logged into the Virtual Server and started the installation. The answer is no. We have 2 Servers so

i logged into one server and did the install and during install it asked me for Install path and it was pointing to Virtual Server name

2.Check if RDDIMPDP is running on both the nodes..

RDDIMPDP is running on DI , but its not running on the CI

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

> *> EventID: SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP

> **** ERROR **: Cannot determine mshost

>

Hi Ershad ,

Have you done the Installation on virtual Server name ?? Check Installation guide on MSCS there is the Concept of Virtual Server name in MSCS installation (Virtual Server name works between or you can say logical name for both the server)That would be same for both the Servers(Node A and Node B).

2.Check if RDDIMPDP is running on both the nodes..also run also standard jobs..

Regards,

Rohit