Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process for return of Components after sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Plz inform regarding the following process:

We require a process for return of the components ( part of the Finished goods that is sent to the customer) after the same is being returned by the customer and then that needs to be replaced by a new part. Please inform how to take the material back in our stock and send a replacement in respect of the same.

regards

PUB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thats OK.

But while i dispatched a finished product, the returned material is just a part/component of that. That part is already consumed in the finished prod. How do I take return of that?

regards

PUB

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you have to go for the pricing at the item level and your components should have the item category group "LUMF" in their material master and the respective item category "TAP/TAQ". Then create a return order and do the billing and If you want to create a subsequent delivery you can do that aswell.. Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you sell any material as final finished product with no sub items then taking back only a part of it is not possible in standard.

I believe you should go for BOM concept to achieve this.

Regards

Rajkumar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying to say that first you sell material to the customer.

Then your customer returns that material and then you do the modification to the material.

And again send that material to the same customer.

Is this what you are trying to say.

But what about the price where you want to accommodate your pricing.

The material which you are sending after rework is it free of charge delivery or you are charging some amount.

You can do the process as follow

Sales order u2013 delivery u2013 billing document u2013 return order wrt billing document u2013 done the PGR.

Now create new sales order for the newly created material after rework.

You have to create the sales and distribution BOM for your new sales order.

In that you can give the details about the return material also.

So that BOM will be exploded in the newly created order.

And the pricing you can do as per you want.

If its not working then please explain us the whole scenario for the better reply.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My process is as follows:

We deliver Finished Product (FG) to the customer.

Now the customer wants that a particular component of that FG should be replaced.

He sends that component back (not the FG) to us which we replace and send a new component to the customer.

How to do that in SAP?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are saying only material you have to change from the whole FG.

So while creating the sales order you enter all the material or just FG is entered.

I propose you to make the BOM for your material.

So when you create the sales order all the material comes in the sales order.

Do the delivery of all the material.

While creating the billing document your FG will appear in the billing document by doing the proper customizing of the item category.

Now some material you have change from the FG then make the repair order by copying from the sales order.

So you can select that item from the sales order and do the delivery of the document.

And no invoice will be created for that.

Or making the Performa invoice we can close the all the documents.

Just try out this setting and let us know the result.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly maintain the Copy Control for Returns Order either through Billing Document / Sales order .Maintain Schedule Line Category as F0, F1 with Movement Type as 632.In this Case , PGR will be done and the stock comes into Unrestricted Use.

Now create a fresh Sales order and run the Scenario.

Best regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do create a return order and delivery PGR. and do create a SDF order type ( Subs.Dlv.Free of Ch.) . throiugh this you can send stock to the customer as a replacement stock.

Rgds

Rheya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create return order with reference to billing, do delivery for return order, then billing.

set copy control from billing to return order and maintain in item, pricing type as D

Thanks,

Mohan.